QC Editor USB connection issue

HI.
Trying to use the new editor, but it’s not getting past the ‘Please connect your QC… etc’ screen.
Tried rebooting both Mac (M1 Macbook running OS14) and QC, different cables, different hubs (USBC)
Have used the QC for DI recording before so know it works on USB.

Anyone else got the same problem?

1 Like

Yea I am having the same issue and we got the same system(M1 macbook pro) i am running on mac os ventura 13.6

Have you updated your QC to 2.2.0?

1 Like

yes i have updated to 2.2.0 and i hv noticed tht it doesnt even show as an audio input/output device in sound settings

Have you tried it with the DAW you were using previously? Is it showing up there?

I would probably try uninstalling and reinstalling the new Cortex Control editor.

You could also create a backup and try a Factory Reset, under Setup → ’ Device Options’ as a last-ditch option. Weird that it worked before and doesn’t now. Need to resolve whatever is interrupting the USB connectivity.

Might want to contact Neural or Google some of the Mac USB connectivity resolution pages.

1 Like

i tried with daw too doesnt show up as an interface as mac system also doesnt show up in sound settings i guess daw cant pick up too and yea tried othr audio interface works fine and shows up.
tried reinstalling the app doesnt wrk
tried resetting qc doesnt wrk (tried to go to backup on may nt sure how to restore to prevous version like 2.1 tht too doesnt wrk)
tried support sent all the details too
i have checked usb connection as well in qc it says its connected but system doesnt read and show up in audio settings

Do you have another computer you can try it on? That might at least help you nail down the source of the problem.

really appreciate ur help and response

nw m trying with neural support

Thanks for the info everyone esp Genzo.
I’ve tried the same multiple workarouind/fixes with no success.
System Diagnostic is

attached same as Genzo’s.

I’ve got another older Macbook (Intel) knocking around and this exhibits the same behaviour - indicating that this isn’t a M1/latest OS issue.

Going to try a new USB B > UBS C cable today to cut the hubs out of the mix to check it’s not them.

Will also email support.

Cheers all

This is a longshot, but i have had some similar issues. not with qc control, just random dropouts. Its been a mac -issue here. Have you opened the Audio Midi Setup app on the macbook? The icon is a midi keyboard. You can select ins/outs there, just like the audio menu, but this one overrules the audio in settings. this normally does it for me

I am having USB connection issues too with a M2 Pro Mac mini.

i’ve read that if you use a usb-hub, it wont work… some issues with throughput or something like that. So try straight in to the mac. Also, usb 3.0 works better because of the internet through cable thing.
I have no problem on a mac mini M1, 2022.

Going direct to Mac mini M2 Pro, through USB 3. Not a lot, but sometimes the USB connection resets.

Are you on Ventura or Sonoma OS?

Sonoma, recently updated.

Ah, i haven’t updated yet, in case of compability issues. Could be some issues with Sonoma i guess.

1 Like

Just tried connecting to Garageband and my usual set up doesn’t work (QC not appearing in Audio Midi Setup). Sense this might be a CorOS update issue.

Note: tried an older Mac running pre Sonoma system with same results so don’t think it’s that.

Speaking to Support Team at mo.

Hopefully there is a quick fix update, and not a fried usb port…