Parallax causing Logic to overload! :( Please help

Hey guys. I loaded Parallax into Logic a couple days ago. I used it for the first time yesterday and was very pleased with the tones. However, after recording with it for awhile it caused my MAC to overload in Logic which has the latest IOS update with * Processor: Intel Core i5 (3.1GHz 6-Core)

• RAM: 64GB 2666MHz DDR4
  • Storage: 1TB Fusion Drive
    A flag popped up and explained that I needed to adjust the I/O buffer size (which I had at 32) I changed it to 64, no luck, I changed it to 256 and no luck. So I saved my song and got out of Logic. Went back in and then it worked. Logic was working great for me until I installed the Parallax plug in.
    Please help!
    Thank you,
    Lance

Hey @lance.sheffield. How often are you able to replicate this issue?

I just got the plug in a couple days ago so it’s the first time I’ve experienced the issue. I’m back in the studio tomorrow. Hopefully it was just a glitchy freak issue.

Let me know if it happens again.

Hey Gonzalo,
I’m back in the studio again and it’s happening all over again!!! It says system overload. Change I/O buffer size. This is crazy. Please help.
Thanks,
Lance

Here is the error message that keeps popping up. Logic will have severe volume spikes and glitches as well. This all happened when I installed Parallax and Archetype plug ins.

Do you have anything else running on your projects? System overloads could be caused by multiple factors. Check if you’re running other processes while working on your projects. Take a look at our guide for macOS optimization.

Also, check the System performance monitor inside Logic to verify if the system overloads are being caused by CPU, RAM, or Disk usage. If none of the above shows unusual behavior, it could be due to the Plugin itself, but it’s hard to tell without checking the performance monitor first.

You can send screenshots and audio examples to support@neuraldsp.com so we can help you further.

Hi Gonzalo,
Thank you for the information regarding this issue. I did everything that was recommended but unfortunately I’m still having severe issues with the Parallax plug in.
Here a quick video showing the latest issue with the plug in-
I’m having severe noise spikes, so intense I hope it didn’t blow my very expensive monitors.
I think at this point I’d like either a refund or have the opportunity to trade for the Darkglass plug in.

Thank you for your help.
Lance

(Attachment Video.mov is missing)

Hey @lance.sheffield. I can’t see your attached file. Please send the video to support@neuraldsp.com, we’ll assist you right away.

@lance.sheffield were you and @Gonzalo able to resolve the issue? I just encountered the overload problem for the first time this evening. I am using logic 10.5.0 in Catalina 10.15.4. For me the volume spike was not actually audible: I only had one track in this session with parallax, and the only other plugins on the track were the stock logic bass amp and pedalboard plugins, and Waves AR TG Mastering Live on the stereo bus. I turned off the bass amp plugin and turned on parallax, heard a pop which wasn’t too loud, and then only silence. However, the meters on both the track and the stereo output were maxed while everything was silent, and the output read something like +40 db. I was unable to make it happen again, and my monitors or hearing did not sustain any damage as far as I can tell, but thought it was worth sharing. I will follow up with support if it happens again.

Hey radrabrob,
Unfortunately I couldn’t resolve the issues with the Parallax plug in. I’m running the best Mac desktop with the highest amount of RAM with Logic. After all of that @Gonzalo was gracious enough to issue me a refund. I was heartbroken because I really loved the plug in. I’m going to purchase the Darkglass plug in and hopefully not have any issues. It’s weird because I have the Tosin Abasi plug suite and no issues there.
Good luck buddy!

1 Like

I"M HAVING THE EXACT SAME ISSUES! It’s frequent and I’m pretty sure I’m on the verge of going deaf if this keeps happening. I think it’s specifically this plugin. Please help!