output issues after start up

Hey guys

So Since downloading core 2.0.1 i have been having issues with my quad cortex on start up. Every time i turn on the device it will boot up as expected however there will be no output sound. I have everything routed on the grid input 1 - multi outputs for 1/2 & 3/4. When I open the I/O window input 1 is getting a single from my guitar. What is really strange is that Output 1/2 are showing an output single as you would expect however, there is no sound. Mute is off. i have tested cables and monitors on the output side and everything is fine. I have figured out that if i unplug TRS from OP1/2 rear I/O panel - turn qc on- wait for the neural boot screen- plug in OP1/2 while the device is turning on. about 33% of the time it will then give me sound through the monitors. Not sure what is going on here? is this a bug or an issue with the outputs that needs to be repaired?

It’s probably a simple configuration issue but do you get output if you unplug everything and only use headphones to monitor? You also indicated you are using TRS cables from OUT1/2, what are you connected to for monitoring? Is this occurring on a specific preset and or all presets? Lastly, you have backed up the QC and then performed a factory reset? If that works, try restoring your backup and see if that fixes your issue. Worst case, email support@neuraldsp.com and they will get you sorted quickly.

Same issue occurs through the headphone out. I’m using XLR -1/4ich at the speaker end. I’ve checked the cables and they work fine with other devices. I’ve also tried just out 3/4 just the 1/4 inch. Same issue is happening across all presets. Lastly, I did do a back up and factory reset but the issue has persisted.

I Had a show this weekend with the same effect, no audio from XLR, Headphones or any other out. I performed a restart of the unit 5 times, and then the Audio was there.
Not a confidence-inspiring feeling. I have now played over 70 shows in the past two years and have never had any problems until now. If this continues, I will probably have to remove the QC from the setup.

I’ve been having this issue for the past couple months. Did you guys get it sorted out? I’ve emailed Support today and am waiting to hear back. Factory reset and restored. With both the factory power supply and Cioks DC7/Crux combo. I just forked out to buy a HX Stomp XL as a backup.

This is happening to me as well. I use it almost daily in a gig where I don’t have a soundcheck. It’s a quick transition and needs to be plug and play. Long story, but I need it to work right away, no troubleshooting. Suddenly in the last two months or so (I’ve changed nothing) it stopped passing audio (xlr) on boot up a high percentage of the time. If I frantically reboot it, it will always eventually send audio, but not always on the first reboot. Sometimes it take two or three reboots to get going. Did you guys find anything out? I’m a slow software updates guys and thought that could be why. So I made sure everything was completely up to date, but it still happened all week. Hopefully there is an answer to this, because for me it’s a make or break problem in my context.

I’ve been having this issue recently too

You need to email support@neuraldsp.com so they can log your issue and hopefully provide resolution.

Just had this happen at a festival where the QC was only outputting the amp hiss from the model, but nothing from the 1/4 or xlr. The input of the QC just wouldn’t register there was sound coming into the unit (tuner in front of the QC worked fine and showed signal was coming from my guitar). Had to restart the QC and then the input started working.

Also started getting crazy static sounds from the QC during a live set two days before that. Thankfully that was the only show it did that at.

when it happens for me i always have this on the ins and outs:

This is with nothing but the power chord plugged in. after a restart or two it comes right. but it can add another 5-10 mins to getting my gig up and running which is a real pain… all my other gear works when i turn it on…

I had the exact same issue a couple of times now!
I hope they fix it in Os 3.0