Online Quad Cortex Content

just use the wart that came with your MC8 which you can have up by the QC

No wart comes with the MC8. As it has 3 ways to get power. (Wart/USB/Midi) I can buy the 9vDC 250mA adapter but I was hoping to just get the Phantom power via the MIDI. I’ll just order a USB Male to USB B male cable and see if that works.

you’ll get the power to your MC8 through that 7 to 5 MIDI cable… and you would use a wart… of course if you were plugging in a condenser mic to your QC you could have phantom 48v power for that… but of course that’s a totally different thing as I’m sure you know.

Looking at the schematic of the quad back panel on the website, doesn’t it have 7 pin female Midi connectors? or do you mean pins 6 & 7 aren’t connected? Thanks

Interestingly, the Morningstar MC8 Dictionary already has the Quad function/CC Number/CC value with a description in their Midi editor.

According to Matias Kupiainen, the unit he received only has 5-pin jacks. Looks to me like the images on the website are computer renders and not actual photos. FWIW, the manual has a mix of 5 and 7-pin DIN jacks in its various illustrations but I’d assume that Matias’ unit is indicative of what’s shipping.

@Harle what I’m trying to explain is how to power your MC8 with just a MIDI cable… you don’t need 7 pin MIDI on your QC… you do need 7 pin on your MC8… the QC can be powered via the power source that will be coming with it… I assume you’ll have it up on a stand of some kind…

what you do want (I assume) is just one cable running to your MC8… the MIDI info will travel from MC8 to QC… and the DC power will travel to the MC8 via the wall wart and special MIDI cable…

that cable I linked above will work great… plug the 7 pin end of the cable into your MC8… and plug the 5 pin end of the cable into your QC… the 5 pin end of that cable has that little female power adapter pigtail… that’s where you will plug in a 9v wall wart to power up your MC8… and all you’ll need is that one MIDI cable running to your MC8… very nice and neat.

before I buy a MIDI foot controller I’m going to try using the QC on the floor as it is designed… hopefully by the time I get it they will have released an awesome iPad editor/controller app… so all my QC knob twiddling can be done on an iPad app the same way I run sound with my X32 Rack.

1 Like

Fully understood and what a pain as I just ordered 7 pin/7pin cables from Event Horizon. I’ll need to see if I can amend the order, and buy the 9v 5/7 cable you mentioned.
My thought is to have the quad by or on the FrFr cab, so I can use the rotary dials, no way I’m kneeling down through a performance to tweek the dials.
Thanks

1 Like

Not practical for you. But for me. Because more portable and less hum.
A powerbank of 30.000 mAh (this is at the internal 3.7 V) will provide 9.250 mAh at 12 V (what the CD needs), take away 15 to 20% because figures are mostly exaggerated, so you still have 2 mA power for more than 4 hours. If the CD really eats up 2 A per hour we don’t know.
When using powerbanks you need to look out for:

• firm USB cable connections
  • have a minimum of current drawn as they shut off when they do not draw current
  • a powerbank with a dedicated on/off knob
  • a powerbank that can be charged during use if you need to
    Don’t forget to charge after the gig.

A 3 prong cable to the next plug is safer. But hum can be an issue. I like my way better, is all.

All Quad cortex videos collected dated from friday d. 29th and after so far: 50 demos

50 Quad Cortex videos:

Wednesday 24th 2021
Stay metal Ray quad cortex with pedal

Tuesday 23th 2021
Tom Quayle hybrid rig quad cortex and plugins

Leo gibson fractal FM3 and quad cortex

Doug Doppler user guide

Saturday 20th 2021

Music of where life matters test drive italian

Stay metal Ray quad cortex review

Choptones first hands play through

John Cordy Fender twin model

John Cordy live stream is it really here

John Cordy factory presets

John Cordy scenes friedman model

John Cordy jazz tones

John Cordy capture a pedal

John Cordy full effect

John Cordy express pedals

John Cordy verdict

John Cordy helix and quad cortex paired

Wednesday 17 March 2021
Doug Doppler GTR worship Quad cortex live stream

Saturday 13th March 2021

Doug Doppler GTR Quad Cortex live stream

Thursday 4th March 2021

Sweet water deep five quad cortex

Monday 1th march.
The Studio rats overview of Quad cortex

Sunday 28th february 2021
Erik ArkÖ Quad Cortex power supply and external pedals

Thursday 25th Februar y2021
Ola seem less patch switching

Wednesday 24th February 2021

Rhett Shull pedal capture

Saturday 20th February 2021

Sweet water Steve Dunsire

Kazuya yamaguchi

Thursday 18th February 2021

David Maxim micic

Guitarguitar demo

Wednesday 17th February 2021

Pete thorn capure JMP50

Saturday 13th February 2021

Rabea capture pedals

Friday 12th February 2021

Sweet water Kevin Samuel real life experience

Riff beard " Fluff" Future sounds

Erik ArkÖ bass demo - Five basses Five presets

Thursday 11th February 2021

Glen Fricker Spectresoundstudio demo part two

Ola Englund Quad Cortex metal tones

Saturday 6th February 2021

Glen Fricker Spectresoundstudio demo

Friday 5th February 2021

Rabea capture (kemper vs quad cortex)
Updated video from Sunday 31th. 2021

Erik ArkÖ bass demo IR loading cabs, pitch shifting

Thursday 4th February 2021
Nate Navarro bas demo

Wedensday 3th February 20121
Paul Davids demo

David maxim micic unboxing part 1

Sunday 31th. February 2021:

Rabea capture (kemper and quad cortex)

Plini “Pan” track only through quad cortex

Friday 29th February 2021:

Rabea unboxing and presets

Tom Quayle overview and presets

Rhett Shull review

Pete Thorn demo and review

Erik ArkÖ bass demo presets

Sweet Water demo clean tones

Riff Beard and gear (Fluff) unboxing

1 Like

This is a goodin’. Check it.

Hi guys, here comes the best reviewer, imo.

2 Likes