New guy - redsound m10 for frfr

Hi Guys. I am about to buy a QC. I am looking for an FRFR powered speaker to have in a home studio setup. Nothing live, just looking for the best sound possible…money no object (within reason) and I had eyed up the Redsound M10 pro speaker.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with one and any words of wisdom. And of course any alternatives too would be appreciated.

Thank you all
Matthew

Hi @MattSeed, welcome. There’s a lot of discussion about FRFR cabs in this forum. Be sure to use the search feature to look for what you need (Redsound, FRFR, etc.).

1 Like

Thank you. I did have a little search, I found a lot about FRFR but not too much about the Redsound FRFR cabs. I wonder if they are not that favoured ?

Matt

It’s more likely that people either don’t know what they are, or decide to go with a cheaper option, or a bigger option.

I sure hope the MF10 sounds REALLY good to justify the $1300 price tag on a 10" speaker.

I’ve heard good thing about the Redsound MF10’s. Sounds like a pretty good choice for the QC. I use a pair of EV PXM-12MP floor wedges that have coaxial speakers. I like them a lot, but I have never heard the Redsounds in person so I couldn’t say how they would compare.

1 Like

Thank you for that, they seem a great fit I just cant find too many folks that use them. Might just be the price, as they are not a cheap option.

2 Likes

Friedman ASC-12 and look no further

Here’ss a discussion with some reviews

They are quite expensive. I’m not gigging any more strictly home studio playng just using a Headrush 108 with great results but have been thinking about upgrading, don’t know if I can justify this price though.

The Laney LFR-112 (or 212) for me is nearest to real ampsound, ich would recommend it and it’s relatively cheap compared to redsound, blueamps etc.

1 Like