Missing Soldano Cab

Hi,
What do you guys use as a Cab with the Soldano amp block? It seems strange that there is no Soldano Cab IR but I have a bunch of Cabs available in the Soldano plugin. Why didn’t these IRs make it in to the QC if they were already available and the Soldano plugin is one of the first available? Anyways what do you guys suggest using to get close to the plugin?
Thanks

Soldano cabs use Vintage 30 speakers, so try any Recto cabs in the QC.

If you’re dead set on using a Soldano cab model, you may have to wait until the plug-in gets updated to an ‘X’ version and becomes available as a block on the QC, assuming you own the license to the plug-in. [Please folks, save your it-will-never-happen comments for other threads.]

Nitpicky detail here: the Soldano plug-in was definitely not one of the first available, it just looks that way because NDSP have been cranking out plug-ins at a faster rate.

3 Likes

Great thanks, as always much appreciated. I’ll try some Rectro cabs tonight. I knew one of you guys with more real world amp experience would be able to point me in the right direction. I like the sounds of the Soldano plugin so happy if I get close until the port happens.

Cheers
Alan

You could also capture the isolated cab from the plugin if you have an external interface

1 Like

I do. How would I route things? Does it give a good capture doing a digital capture of a digital cab?

Yeah, I’ve captured lots of cabinet IRs and they sound fine- indistinguishable, really. It’s just transforming the IR file into a capture.

You connect your interface just as you would to capture a pedal, then route your signal in the DAW through the plugin (turn off everything but the cab) and out to the QC

1 Like

Have u uploaded any? Im curious, i’d like to hear it myself.

*disregard- just downloaded a bunch. @xush Awesome contribution.

2 Likes

Brilliant thanks @xush I’ll give this a bash. Hopefully don’t fry my QC with high level outputs :grimacing: I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 so would connect capture out to input of the Scarlett then through Logic Pro and out balanced output on the back then back into the QC.

Yes. Output from interface to QC INPUT 2

I’ve never had any trouble with the capture signal; I’ve tried all various configurations. Maybe kill your headphones or monitor levels, but you should be ok.

1 Like