Cab block/IR question re: mixing speaker types and signal path/Grid

Hi all,
Had a QC since about Jan this year and am really impressed with it.
I have a question re; using two different speaker blocks/IRs at the same time please.

Before I went digital and sold most of my analogue gear I used to own a lovely Zilla Fatboy 2x12, which (upon speaking to Zilla and their recommendation) had a V30 and a Celestion Creamback in it, which sounded great.

I note that all of the Cab blocks are just 1 type of speaker (4x12 V30 etc). If I want to try and recreate the sound of the Zilla Fatboy which I miss, would teh way to do it be to split the signal chain on the QC on the Grid in to two (after the amp block), have a V30 IR/Cab on one and a Creamback on the other and then have the signal come back in to one output at the end of the signal patch/Grid? - I guess that way I’d be able to experiment with different blends of the speakers (by adjusting the cab block volume?; I’m guessing panning left and right with mono output isn’t the way to go?..)
IIRC, when I had a Fractal AX8, I was able to select to IRs within the speaker block and just select two differnt speaker types (might be remembering this wrong, or I downloaded a V30/Creamback Zilla fat boy blend IR?)

Alternatively, do blended IR’s exist? Can anyone recommend either a good source for either free IRs which are QC compatible, or a good paid for pack?
I’m also open to people recommending just using the factory QC cab blocks; I think there are a couple of Zilla IRs on there already, but have only tried using one at a time.

Thanks all; hope what I’m trying to achieve makes sense!

There’s a Dual IR block you can use, so you just put a V30 IR in one slot, and the Creamback one in the other.

2 Likes

Ah wicked; thanks for confirming! I’m going to hunt online re; some nice IRs now

Amalgam has some good IRs that you can download for free. Some of them are mixed speakers as you mention. One of my favs is a fender 2x12 with a G12/65 mix.

2 Likes

Thanks man!; I’ll check that out

I downloaded the Almagam IR’s zip file to my tablet. How do I put them on my Quad Coretex?