Missing Neural Captures

I’m perplexed. I created 4 Neural Captures that show perfectly fine in the app but no longer show on the Quad Cortex at all. I’ve even restored previous backups but that still does not fix the problems. I have no filters set when trying to search for them but that makes no difference at all…

Another thing, I wish they would fix the weak Wi-Fi antenna.

Here’s a separate thread on the same topic, maybe give it a read…

Thanks but I already looked through it.

If they show on the app, they should still be in your CLoud Captures folder on the QC and you should be able to DL them back onto the unit from there. Or did you already look in the Cloud Captures folder and they’re not there either?

Yeah didn’t think to look in the Cloud Captures folder. Not sure why they would have disappeared from the device to begin with. Must’ve happened after the last update.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, big +1 on that.

I really hope that the upcoming editor will allow to just use the computer instead of Wifi to connect to cortex cloud or to do firmware updates. Wifi is shaky to put it mildly.

Never had any issues with the wifi connection
Not at home, at our rehearsal space or at venues. Did you try other networks (e.g. at a friend’s place) to see if it’s maybe the network configuration / the router that causes the QCs connectivity issues?

My QC has a bad connection when it’s four meters away from the router - in a direct line of sight and no obstacles. All my other appliances (Laptops, phones, iPad) have a better connection when I put them in the same spot.

Even my oven, which is two rooms across has a better connection.

By reading in the forum here I found that some are having the same issues and some not. I am definitely not alone with that.

I just wanted to say that it could be a wifi network configuration caused problem. Maybe those who haven’t the connectivity issues have some settings set to other values than those who have.

I had / have all kind of wifi capable devices that don’t like specific wifi settings. Things like the standards the router supports, uses and is set to (a/b/g/h/n), the specific channel that is used (some devices don’t like the higher numbers), or even stuff like MTU-Size or Beacon Intervals.

It’s not the network configuration. I have no problems with other devices, inculding much older devices.

The problem stems from a Mesh System. I have one main router connected to the internet and 2 end points that connect to it.

The problem is the main router is upstairs and cannot be moved while the QC is downstairs. It sees a weak signal because it’s attempted to connect to the main router even when one of the end point is in the same room.

After fiddling with the network settings I managed to find an option to force the QC to connect to the end point but prior to the last router firmware update that was not an option.

But again if the QC had a stronger Wi-Fi antenna this would not have been an issue.