Keep it positive and be patient

after a week of considering , i placed mine for sell as well.
i don’t think i will return to the QC in the future.

i love all neural products (have 5 plugins as well), but the way the things seems right now with all the damage tonex have done, i will minimize my loses by selling it now instead of wait who knows how long for the editor. (and maybe a reverse delay witch 2000$ unit doesn’t have).

good luck everyone.

3 Likes

I don’t think that TONEX has damaged anything other than provide competition for similar type products.
I have heard some really great captures from both QC/TONEX and great captures via QC of TONEX and vise-versa etc., regardless, thanks for your feedback here and good luck!

1 Like

What I would like to know from Neural is how they developed and modeled the amps (not captures) that are ALREADY on the QC. I would expect that how they model amps would not be radically different than how they model them in their SW plugins. I mean – why would you develop a completely different method? So if they are similar – the whole porting issue to the QC should not be as difficult. If porting the plugins to the QC is difficult, this tells me that how they model and implement it in SW is not the same as in the HW.

I think they should have never really promised that SW plugins would be ported to the QC. They could have said it might be a possibility, but no commitment. They didn’t do that. Instead, we see more and more SW plugins being put out. They clearly have that development workflow optimized and are taking full advantage of it.

Given that the iiC+ just appeared as a plugin, having only recently appeared on the QC, I’m guessing that they are working to a similar, cross-compatible method nowadays. However, having seen other people’s complaints about the older plugins (and lack of updates there etc) I’m guessing they were built differently, ao will need work to update and port over.

I don’t think it’s a problem that they promised it, since it does appear to be possible, and we keep being told it is in the works.
I do think that there is a problem with people’s expectations on how soon they would come though. Everyone wants/expects everything straight away nowadays, something that is a problem with people, but also that Neural should have managed better.

It’s all a balancing act. If you promise nothing then no one will be disappointed, but then one of their biggest selling points is totally unknown and fewer people would have supported the product. People are already complaining that there are not enough ‘progress updates’ as it is, so if they told us nothing at all, I imagine that would be even worse.

A similar company - Elektron - give no progress or roadmap updates whatsoever, and no one complains at all. Today they released a massive update to an almost six year old product, giving features that people have asked for for a long time, but that no one really expected to ever come/weren’t sure were even possible.

1 Like

It’s a small group of people who flip gear all the time anyway. You don’t tend to pay attention to all the people who are happy with the QC, and they’re not as loud either :person_shrugging: I for one am perfectly happy with the QC and have no interest in switching to Tonex, because I know I would not be happy with it.

6 Likes

All, please keep things civil and on focus. Thanks!

There is nothing wrong with reinforcing that people not be toxic, but your post hit a nerve with the patient part. I think the community at large would like more communication regarding the status of things that were announced as coming features upwards of 2 years ago, desktop UI and plugin support being like the paramount ones.

Your sentiment is in the right place, but I’d say your post borders on trollish (albeit I realize that was not your intent) as it targets a hot topic that people are very sensitive about. The end result of a thread like this will likely just rile a bunch of people up.

You having had your QC less than a month, telling (some) people who have had it 1-2 years how to feel about the product or their desired level communication does not come access very well. I’d think twice about making posts like this in the future. (just my 2cts).

3 Likes

Hi there MH and thanks for your review of my post. I appreciate your thoughts on the subject but, as with several who replied, I think you may have read more into it than what I actually said. I went back and re-read my original post and I see no statements telling anyone how they should feel. My statements and intent were only to suggest how to keep the forum civil and useful. I’m not sure what you meant by my post bordering on trollish but I assure you, that troll will stay under the bridge where he belongs!

If it makes you feel any better, given the opportunity to rewind the clock, I would not post it again. I did learn that there are others who feel the same as I do. I also learned that there are some who believe they’ve been betrayed by NDSP and feel the need to rant about it. All I’ve done is given them something to else to rant about. I found some of the “how dare you” responses particularly intriguing. In hindsight, I guess putting “be patient” in my heading was not the best Idea. After all, I’ve only been waiting for a few weeks for that (insert desired feature here). Maybe, if I’d been waiting for two years, I might feel differently.

I guess the impetus for the post was my own disappointment. I joined the forum in hopes gleaning extra knowledge, to get some help getting over that new-gear hump and to share some of my knowledge with others. What I’ve found is a high percentage of posts from a few folks wanting to vent their frustration in (what I see as) unconstructive ways. If someone is dissatisfied with their purchase, by all means, let the people know, but I don’t see the point in rewording the same old grievances in threads that are not even on that topic or making statements to demonize Neural or their employees. I’m not saying you were one of them, MH, just that such posts were detracting from my idea of a quality forum experience and could have negative effects for all of us Cortexians.

To all who read my post, my apologies if you felt like I was trying to be your father (or mother), telling you how to feel or what you can or can’t say on the forum. My intent was only to suggest what I’d like the Q.C. forum to be. If some of you want it to be something else, you certainly have every right and I promise, won’t put you on a time-out. :thinking: I digress.

1 Like

All good bud. You were well intentioned. But just consider:

I think you may have read more into it than what I actually said. I went back and re-read my original post and I see no statements telling anyone how they should feel.

It’s not about what YOU think about what you said, it’s how other people are receiving it, which if you take the tone of the some of the posts following, seem to be contrary to both your intent and perception. Again, no worries, but this topic can be a bit of a hornets nest ranging from constructive to toxic avenger, and you waded into very deep waters, thats all.

1 Like

Indeed! Thanks for the advice. I’ll bring waders next time. :flushed:

1 Like

A way of looking at the situation that makes me feel positive about this forum: other competing product forums tend to have much more heavy handed moderation and cultish forum members who don’t tolerate a whole lot of dissent.

I feel this forum, for now, has a more healthy mixture of content than most. I’m willing to bet that you’ll have great conversations here about the use of existing QC features. If you haven’t visited the Discord, I’d also suggest that. The QC channel is kept very much on topic.

2 Likes

I disagree completely. Positivity or not, I would probably bet that on the official forums for the other modellers that there are far fewer people who are either disappointed or dissatisfied with their unit, which in my opinion speaks volumes about this one. There are also far fewer videos on youtube, etc. with people explaining why they are selling their FM9, FM3, Helix or whatever it is. It’s not difficult to gauge the growing negativity towards this product, whether you like it or not. It’s not about how many people like it and are satisfied, it’s about how many don’t. Believe it or not, that affects value.

2 Likes

I guess time will tell whether the value is affected :person_shrugging: If the QC stops selling well and used prices plummet, then value was affected.

Did you buy your QC as an investment? I bought mine to make music. It’s working quite well for that.

7 Likes

I can review multiple ‘official’ forums (everyday) where owners have switched from one modeler to another for just about every product out there and for multiple reasons. Sadly, most official forums won’t allow any negativity on their forums. Also, forums represent the minority of owners and that has always been the case. Most musicians/owners that I deal with have no time/desire to participate in online forums unless they are looking for support on a particular issue. With the strong QC sales continuing and the amount of new users added daily to both Unity and Discord, FB etc., it appears as a majority are very satisfied with their QC.

5 Likes

If you look on Reverb.com, most QCs are posted for about what you’d pay to buy one brand new, many for more than new. As for my own experience…I’ve had mine for about a month. I’ve been able to create better sounding presets, faster than I ever could with the laptop editor and gazillian amp/fx models with any of my previous guitar processors. Although plugin capability would be a nice addition to the palate, the onboard amps have been more than enough to get my live rig up and running. It just seems like the delay in making some “promised” features available has left a bad taste in the mouths of a vocal few. I guess everybody wants what they want and different players have different requirements. Hopefully, once the QC editing software and plugin capability have been implemented, those folks who feel like they’ve been slighted or ignored will feel satiated and we can all get on with making music.

2 Likes

Agree 100% PickinPete!

QC has made it possible for me to play my guitars through some rigs I could only dream of owning, very tone worthy rigs. Who needs more?

No complaints here… Good to go straight from the box.

3 Likes

I have a few things on my wish list, mainly more complete MIDI implementation but I’m getting by in the mean time and loving the tones. Glad the QC is working for you too, Sam.

1 Like

I pre-ordered the device in February 2021. None of the features I care about have been implemented although I do appreciate the minor organization updates. I don’t know how much more patient one should be. I don’t even worry about it anymore. I just moved on. If it ever gets any of the features I care about, like being able to edit it from my control room or host the plugins I will dig it back out.

You stated you have had it around a month. Ive been waiting 2+ years for an editor lol.

1 Like

I suspect a lot of people feel very passionate about this (aside from financial investment) because the unit is very easy to fall in love with. So they want it to have all the missing features they want. It’s not easy to part with QC and move to a competitor’s product, because there is so much good about this little device! For example, the new ToneX pedal might have slightly better amp simulation (according to tests on youtube), and costs much less, but ultimately is not as inspiring and fun to interact with as QC.

1 Like