I used my Strymon Favorite Switch with the QC!

I recently got my new QC and already love it. I’ve had the Kemper, Helix Floor, and HX Stomp. All too busy IMO. So, I’ve been gigging regular amps. I decided to give the QC a whirl and think it may cause me to sell many of my handwired amps. My expensive, handwired, boutique amps. This was most likely prompted by the Russian conflict and the difficulty of getting tubes. Anyway, I really don’t want to put my new QC on the floor under my mic stand and actually stomp on it. And, about the only live interaction I typically have with my pedalboard is to toggle my solo boost on and off. So, I was looking for a way to do that with the QC. I have a bunch of gear, so I tried plugging my single button Strymon Favorite Switch into one of the QC’s expression jacks. I then assigned the pedal I wanted to be controlled by the Strymon switch and it works like a champ! And - the Strymon switch has an LED on it to show state. So now, I’ll only have to carry my guitar and QC, and this small switch to gigs. (Not counting any backup gear like tools, cables, etc). I’m so psyched!

1 Like

Welcome to the club of using as little gear as possible! I did a few fly shows the other month. Threw my QC in my handluggage along with my in-ears and flew with bass. That was my entire rig for those shows and the soundtech loved me for having zero stage volume :smiley:

1 Like

I sold my 80lb tube amp after making a bunch of captures.

Amps are fun, but my fibromyalgia prefers the QC. I just finished a string of 25 gigs or so and it is just works flawlessly.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

1 Like