Interesting QC + OX Box DI "hack"

Hi all, today I was using this post as a reference to create a capture of my amp and I realized something that might be useful to other people owning the QC and an attenuator like the OX that allows you to go DI.

You can basically use the DI output of the attenuator (in the OX case it’s a specific mic setting that bypasses all cabs and effects) and go like this:

QC send 1 → Amp → OX input → [line 1 out in DI mode] → QC return 1

This gets your amp head in the QC FX loop allowing you to use all QC cabs (that are way more than what the OX has) and effects with your head.

Did anybody ever try this with the OX or other attenuators? Am I overcomplicating this and there’s an easier way to do it without the OX at all?

So far I’m pretty happy with the results, especially because my amp doesn’t have an FX loop and this way i can place reverbs and delays in the right place :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have had a similar experience, cheers.

I’ve done this before but I gave up on it as there was far too much latency with the round trip in the FX loop not to mention you’re doing tons of A/D conversion and there’s so many cables involved. I also did it the other way where I went from the QC > amp (Orng pedal baby) > OX > interface (via SPIDIF) but it was so fizzy it was crazy. The OX Box struggles with anything line input related. You’ll have better results using the new OX stomp which has the same cab sims and which can take a line level signal in.