How to dial in a great sound

I have two related questions:

1. I’m looking for classic rock and country sounds for my Strat and my Ibanez S-style guitar using Archetype Nolly. I’m looking for a kind of how-to dial in a sound. Rabea Masaad has some things on YouTube that help, but -apparently- I need more advice. I did go through Rhett Shull’s recent video on How to Make Any Amplifier Sound Great, but it wasn’t as helpful as I’d hoped.

2. Sometimes I’ll get a sound I like, but when I come back the next day… I’ve left everything the same overnight but I don’t love the sound in the morning.

As far as equipment, I plug the guitar straight into my FocusRite Scarlett 2i2, that goes to the MacBook Pro. Then the outputs of the 2i2 go to my KRK Rokit 7G4.

As far as sounds: I can get consistently get smooth clean tones that I like. But when I want more country twang or rock and roll gristle, it’s kind of hit and miss.

So, to repeat myself, my question is mostly about the process of dialing in a great tone. I’m sure there are great resources out there that I just haven’t found yet.

Thanks,
-Jim

Hi Jim
check out Charlie Robbins’ videos on YouTube. These are not about the Nolly, but the Plini and Abasi, however I think you will find good info there.

Plini:

Abasi, @22:04

Nice! Thanks. There’s definitely some help there. -Jim