How 2 Power the QC on a Pedalboard?

Hi,
I am considering a QC……I want to put it on a small pedalboard, with 2 expression pedals, and an Eventide H9 for extra Fx

QUESTION: Which power brick can I use? For example: Zuma vs. OneSpot vs. PedalPower…… I need a 12V and 3A …… but I don’t think any of the popular power bricks supply this?

I am deeply frustrated that the QC

• Doesn’t have an on/off switch
  • Seems to have volume output issues
  • Seems to have somewhat odd power requirements

SooOOOOoooOOOoo……does ANYONE in the user community have this mounted on a pedalboard, and if so, are you using a power brick (something like the ones mentioned)

Churned in CBus

UPDATE* The Strymon Zuma - does have - a 12V output; HOWEVER it’s 5A (500 mA)

Is that an issue?

Has anyone powered a QC with a Zuma?

Can somebody from Neural please reply??

Many of the pedal power supplies are just that – designed to supply power to small pedals, typically 9-18V and << 1A. The Zuma is 500mA which is only 0.5A – not nearly enough for the QC. Think of the QC as a modeler like the Kemper or Axe FX with similar power requirements. The power requirements are not that odd given it has a lot of DSP units inside and is more powerful than any pedal. Most units like this have a power supply built-in and thus need AC power.

Regarding the on/off switch – I think that is an issue and I hope they change it so that it can only be powered on from the front touch switch as opposed to having the power come on externally.

Regarding the volume output – the trick is to set your levels with the volume wheel at MAX, and use it only as an attenuator. If you set the gain staging correct from input to output, you will see you can get plenty of volume. There are many places where you can set the gain while also not clipping:

• IO menu: input levels, OUT levels
  • Amp blocks: master volume, vol level
  • OUT block on grid: volume level
  • Headphones: Output mix levels and HD level

The CIOKS DC7 (or its cousin, the Eventide PowerMax) seems to be the most popular QC pedalboard power supply. It’ll power the QC using four of the outlets (combined using three parallel cables) while the other three outlets can provide a total of 1980ma @ 9V which should be plenty for the H9 and a few other things.

WhaaaAAAAaa - FOUR OUTLETS; three parallel cables?
Forgive me, but it sounds a bit like a science experiment here…… I wanted something that works as EASY as any pedal (one cord, plug it in, DONE).

It only cost an arm and a leg; and if it were EZ, I’d spring for it, but “stringing” stuff together to make it works sounds a bit dangerous. I’m out.

There’s always this.