Hold & Secondary Functions for foot switches

I was so full of expectation I went online literally every day for the last month to see if CorOs 2.0 had dropped. After spending a couple of hours with it since, I’m sad to say I’m a little unimpressed and in particular because I agree with you, after all the time spent developing the Hybrid Mode, it’s not nearly as useful as I hoped it would be.

The big reason for this IMHO is because you are limited to only 4 Scenes and 4 Stomps or 4 Presets (whichever combination you have chosen)

HOWEVER, a ‘Page 2’ function, which could be selected by perhaps a long press of a footswitch (eg the top right ‘Bank Up’ footswitch?) which would then give you access to another page of Scenes / Stomps / Presets, to restore you to the 8 available in non-Hybrid mode, would be the perfect.

Even better would be the possibility of user customising what the second page offers you (I think you can do something like this on the Helix?) So if I combine Scene and Preset, I can choose whether Page 2 offers 4 more Scenes and Presets or another 8 Scenes.

The other issue I have with the Hybrid mode is the colour coding of the LEDs for the modes that you combine; in the Modes Configuration screen, the graphic shows which row is assigned to which mode by using PURPLE and YELLOW LEDS. You can then toggle which mode is on the top and which is on the bottom, and the LEDS change colour correspondingly.

However, if you combine Preset and Scene modes as a Hybrid, when you then select the Grid, the Preset LEDS do not remain Purple and Yellow but instead take on whatever colour the Particular preset has already been allocated; so for example in Preset 1A, the letter ‘A’ on the top left of the main screen is in LIGHT GREEN, and the LED on the row that you have chosen as the Preset row will change to exactly the same colour. And here is the problem; the LEDS on the row you have chosen as the Scene row are also EXACTLY the same colour too. So whenever you have the Preset/Scene selected that will light up LEDs immediately above and below each other it is now extremely easy to be confused as to which row is to change the Preset and which row is to change the Scene - with potentially disastrous results if you are performing live.

I expand on this in another thread - see here

The other thing that gets me (although this is not a 2.0 problem, as it existed before, but I hoped that Hybrid mode would provide a solution to this) is how easy it is when trying to change modes by pressing both the Tempo and Bank/Preset Down switches, to accidentally change preset instead of changing modes - again with potentially disastrous results. Does anyone else have this problem?

5 Likes

Hi, same here. Just upgraded to 2.0 and I really like Hybrid mode but it is a little restricted with just 4 of each.

A very good improvement that (I think) it’s by far easier to implement than all the ideas in this thread, would be to use a second tap on the same switch to access the same location in the other row.

For instance, if I have scenes at the bottom and stomps at the top, I could change to scene A if I double press the E switch. Or if I am already in scene E, then pressing that switch would toggle between scenes A and E. This could allow you to easily access the 8 scenes or 8 presets from just the 4 switches in hybrid mode.

It probably wouldn’t work with stomps (because pressing again toggles the stomp state, which is good and expected behaviour), but my suggestion in scenes and presets would be a great addition, with (again, I think) not too much redesign and reimplementation.

If someone else has suggested this in another thread please let me know to upvote that too.

Cheers!

4 Likes

that’s a very simple way of doing it too :+1:

Really missed kemper morph With toggle FS

1 Like

Kemper morph is the only thing I TRULY miss after switching to QC. There’s so many feature requests for a similar functionality here that it’s hard to believe that neural won’t implement something like it.

1 Like

+1
great function

I think I opened something but it got merged with this one… so this would be the place to upvote the secondary features.

This is so high up in the request list I hope we’re getting this soon

+1

Commenting to hopefully bring sone new visibility

I didn’t use the morph function on my Kemper for all it was worth, but I used it for one very simple, and pracical application… BOOST!

Tap on your preset/scene (whatever you want to call it), then tap is again for a quick boost/EQ change… then tap again, and you’re back. SO CONVENIENT

Id love to have that functionality again

3 Likes

What I have used in the past was a ‘revert to previous’ option where you could assign a button to swap back to the previous state on the second press. I mainly used it just for drives, boost, but this could be a simple useful option for many other things.

More built in MIDI control would go a long way with the QC. It has a lot of potential.

I’m thinking they have crossed some major hurdles, and now they have a more solid system in which they can actually start writing to

I can’t wait to see what the editor, and the plugin support will look like!

Coming from an AX8, I think it’s got the best switching system utilizing all the switches. The X/Y mode that allows you to have the same “kind” of effect x2 (f.e two different drives, or slow and fast rotary) and the momentary switch function, making it SUPER flexible. And that’s an “old” machine. I wish QC could include that on a new firmware (if possible)

3 Likes

Headrush switching is great, too:

For example, you have 2 scenes per switch. And if you press and hold footswitch one, you go to bank B, where you have 2 more scenes per switch. So it’s 4 scenes per footswitch. (And many different switching choices). Very advanced in terms of accessibility.

3 Likes

Please let us be closer to this. The practicality is great. And it expands hybrid mode a ton.

2 Likes

morphing concept on QC. agree!

2 Likes

Totally agree this should be implemented. Hitting/holding the same switch should open more possibilities in at least scene mode.

Little disappointed that the one thing with the most amount of votes hasn’t been added especially since it’s such a game changer but still holding out hope that this will make it’s way onto the unit sooner then later…

It’s a pretty major piece of work that doesn’t really tie in with Cortex Control or Plugins. Nothing else has been added instead, just have to be patient.

1 Like

I’m very happy they got the Cortex Control done, and that they focused on getting it right. So far, it looks like they have a winner to me.

I’m sure they are working on this request, and I hope they do as well as they appear to have done with Cortex Control. It will be worth the wait :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like