Help needed with 4CM

Hello all. I’ve had my QC about two months. It’s seen 1 rehearsal and now 1 show.

I’ve been using it as a 4CM into a Synergy amp. At home and at rehearsal, it was screaming loud (a good thing). So, I color labeled everything for fast setup and mounted QC to a pedalboard.

Pulled everything out yesterday at my show, set up, all color coded cables going right where they should, and 0 volume. Checked all blocks, all ins and outs. Checked my IO settings. Had to give up and go straight to my amp just to get thru the gig.

At home testing today, still not working like it did for almost all of the two months. I’ve setup Plini presets to work thru the FX loop as an extra sound option - so volume wasn’t an issue.

I’ve factory reset. Nothing is fixing this issue. I’ve tested all cables. I ran an Eventide H9 with delay in my amp FX loop and that’s loud. Same cables to QC, and it’s barely on in terms of volume.

It traveled the 1 time in a hard flight case, hand loaded into my vehicle, in and out - no drops… . So, if that damaged something, then wow… fragile.

Is this a setting or a known issue?

are you using the Factory PSU, or a different power source? This is the most common cause of volume issues- accidentally underpowering.

Another common issue for a while was failing output boards (perhaps a bad batch of components). Symptoms were intermittent or permanent loss of output.

Definitely worth contacting Support@neuraldsp.com directly, in case it needs to go in for repairs.

It was definitely the PSU.

Great mention - same as their support email I got this morning. Thanks for the quick reply and perfectly suggested solution.

1 Like