External Wah vs Expression Pedal

I have a Dunlop CAE wah I love which I use in my tube amps rig. Was looking into picking up a Mission expression pedal to use with the QC but now I’m debating whether or not to just get another CAE wah to use with it. Anyone prefer using an external wah vs the built in wahs or vice versa?

I had a Vox847 wah, and I have a boss EV-30 expression pedal.
I never could get anything I like from thr QC wah even when my vox pedal broke.

I bought another Wah, I know they’ll make them better eventually… but I think the issue is part of the sweep, an EP has more sweep range than a wah so it’s … different

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the input!

I have a JP Wah which I like the sound of, it has a long sweep, I just hate mashing the toe to kick it on. I like the functionality of the QC Wah but can’t get the sound I want.

Have you tried the crybaby 95Q? It’s switchless and been my go to for years. Mostly studio though now, so I haven’t used a wah live in ages.

Personally I’ve been really digging the Bad Horsie model in the QC (using a Boss EV-30 expression pedal). It’s nice to have the auto-on feature & to also have a wah effect that’s bullet-proof consistent & doesn’t pose a risk in terms of amplifying interference/noise from the surrounding environment. I feel that real wah pedals are more hassle than their worth tbh.

1 Like

can you tell me how to setup an external wah to the unit please?

@juliostratfranco Run your external wah pedal straight into the QC input.