Difficulty swiping screen up/down

Anyone else having difficulty swiping screen up and down? (gig view/output section)
It takes numerous attempts before I’m able to move it.

I agree. It was very difficult for me.

I think it is strange that you can not sweep it back - you have to press the done button.
I guessed I work a lot on an iPad :wink:

While I don’t think the QC screen is as responsive as a modern iPad, I do think the swipe performance is adequate. I don’t have any problems with swiping, but it does take a couple of tries sometimes.

When you swipe down or up, use some pressure on your finger and start from the very edge of the display and swipe to the center and it should work flawlessly.

I’m REALLY struggling with this - I just can’t seem to figure out a way of getting the swiping gestures to work consistently on the QC (even after following the advice posted above). I literally have to sit there for a good few minutes pawing at the bloody screen like some kind of lunatic whenever I need to enter the I/O control panel & I’ve pretty much given up on ever being able to use Gig View. I really wish there was an alternative & more reliable way of accessing these parts of the UI.

Give support@neuraldsp.com a shout, they will diagnose if there is any issues and help to resolve.

Thanks. I’m currently waiting to hear back from them about something else so will run this by them as well once I get a reply.

1 Like

Reply back with any info you receive.
Thanx

Just a quick update…

Neural haven’t replied regarding my support request yet so I haven’t been able to run this past them I’m afraid. I have noticed an improvement in the swipe response this morning though & it seems that perhaps it’s affected by how sweaty one’s fingers are at the time (which is a bit problematic seen as we’re playing guitar while using it). I’ve also noticed that it seems to be more reliant on swiping at the correct speed (you need to swipe quite fast - almost more of a flick really) than it is by the amount of pressure used. It also seems to require a fairly small swipe (ie don’t swipe past the middle of the screen).

So, my suggestion, use small, fast swipes & make sure you do anything that you need to do regarding these screens prior to starting to play (while your hands are nice & dry).

…I hope this info helps anybody else who might be struggling with it.

Thanks for the update and I will reach out to support and ensure they are getting back to you.
Thanks!

Much appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

No worries, I have sent the message and someone should be replying to your email soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found the swiping response also to be less reliable than on recent smartphones or tablets. For me it works best when I don’t swipe from the very edge but start somewhere below the center of the screen when swiping up or above the center of the screen when swiping down. And it actually works better for me when not swiping fast but at a moderate speed. Somewhat contradictive to the other statements and reccomendations above but that’s how it works best in my case.

EDIT: consider voting for this feature: Activate / Deactivate Gigview via foot switches (even with locked touchscreen)

Interesting, perhaps there’s no rhyme nor reason to it then & it’s just a total crapshoot! Haha

…definitely think it’s a good idea to have an alternative means of accessing Gig View - off to vote. :upside_down_face:

Did support reach out? I was told they were contacting you directly etc. Any outcome?

They have come back to me now but at this point they’ve just asked me a few more questions so that they can investigate my issues further.

I decided not to raise the swiping problem with them at this moment in time as I don’t want to bog them down with too many separate issues all at once &, given that other users are finding the same, it would seem that this is just the way the swiping response functions at present rather than it being an actual fault in need of troubleshooting (further evidenced by the amount of videos on YouTube that show reviewers struggling to get the swiping gestures to work reliably while shooting their videos).

I think the feature request posted by 2342 is an awesome idea & that would make things much easier (especially for those of us who get sweaty mitts while playing :slightly_smiling_face:) - fingers crossed that gets picked up & acted on. Maybe hold the ‘bank up’ footswitch to toggle the I/O window on/off & the ‘bank down’ switch for Gig View?

Having said all of that, I will of course update this thread if I get somewhere with my previously raised issues & it then seems appropriate to run the swiping response problem by them as well.

1 Like

New feature request to add I/O settings to the corner three-dot dropdown menu, check it out: