Activate / Deactivate Gigview via foot switches (even with locked touchscreen)

I found the swiping gestures to be not very responsive and I often have to swipe more than once until Gigview shows up. It would be much more useful to activate and deactivate Gigview via a footswitch. My suggestion is to use one of the up/down footswitches via long-press for this function.

This could also work with locked touchscreen so you don’t have to unlock the screen and still be able to toggle between different views when necessary.

I use a midi switcher to do this (morning star mc6) to do this and it is life changing. But requires extra gear. Would be nice to have a way built in

3 Likes

Great big YES!! :crossed_fingers::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My suggestion would be to hold the ‘Bank Up’ footswitch to toggle the I/O window on or off & to hold the ‘Bank Down’ footswitch to toggle Gig View.

3 Likes

I use my morningstar midi controller to do this. Would be great to add to a footswitch as the screen needs to be tried a few times before it responds to the swipe.

1 Like

My Pedalboard is templeboard Solo 18 , there is no room for extra pedal . So this is must have feature

I’ve been meaning to post about this (my to-do list never gets shorter!) but you’ve beaten me to it - well said. A big :+1: from me!

1 Like

If you can use a Morningstar midi footswtich to turn on gig view, you could have the QC do the same.

Just put the midi command into the QC preset. That way when you go to a preset, the preset will activate gig view automatically. The QC can send multiple midi commands when a preset loads. Some users are using that feature to automatically on the tuner, or turn off the tap tempo light, etc.

Great idea @2342 ! Activating the Gigview by holding the ‘‘Bank Up’’ footswitch would be so cool! You got my vote!

1 Like