Add I/O Settings to the upper-right corner dropdown list

The swipe down action to open the I/O Settings screen is… a little difficult, and more than one discussion has been started over it.

I think it would be good to include the I/O Settings to the three-dot corner dropdown list so it’s easier to get to.

To be clear, I am not suggesting that the swipe down should go away. But I’d honestly rather tap the screen 2 or 3 times to guarantee that I get to these settings. Take the guesswork out of whether or not we swiped correctly.

I personally prefer the idea presented in this pre-existing feature request:

https://unity.neuraldsp.com/t/activate-deactivate-gigview-via-foot-switches-even-with-locked-touchscreen/7530?u=ravenvoice

We definitely need some sort of alternative to the swipe gesture though as they’re FAR too unreliable as the sole way of accessing such important features & parameters.

2 Likes

Bumping this, and then I will leave it alone if there is not more interest generated.

The link posted by RavenVoice is A) a request meant for Gig View specifically, and B) a footswitch solution. I am proposing neither of those things.

There are a million requests for hold / temporary / secondary footswitch functions already. I am not interested in muddying that up further.

I am simply asking that the I/O Settings screen be added to the list where other settings screens are. :wink: