CorOS 2.2.2 is now available

We are pleased to announce that CorOS 2.2.2 is now available!

Download it via Settings > Device Options > Device Updates on your Quad Cortex once connected to Wi-Fi. We recommend that you create a backup before updating your firmware.

Changelog

Fixed

An issue where an incorrect parameter value would be recalled on Preset load for parameters assigned to an expression pedal treadle not positioned at its minimum range.

An issue where the bypass state of a device assigned to an expression pedal would be briefly incorrect after changing Presets if the device is present in the new Preset and also assigned to an expression pedal.

5 Likes

my new hobby is being the first to comment on how happy i am with a release of a new firmware, but not installing them

11 Likes

Hey, everybody needs a hobby! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Updated.
I don’t see anymore bugs than the ones I had before :stuck_out_tongue:

meaning you still have some? Did it not fix the XP issues?

I think it did, I just don’t use it right now, so I couldn’t say.
Actually, I don’t think I have bugs on the QC (more than the shitty USB communication that seems to be generated by one of my external monitor, surprisingly).
But I do have a lot of bugs when I try to interact using Cortex Control.

Nowadays we see frequent updates. However those only include some bug fixes and plugin compatibility issue as far as I follow (which is of course a necessity) We users also hope for some game changing updates in advance which include some crucial details demanded as “feature requests” by owners. :pray:

1 Like

hopefully a metronome soon!

3 Likes

cortex control is in beta so it´s expected to be buggy, i´ve had no issues since the last update tho

I will install this as soon as i have confirmation of no deal breakers, and that it will end the bug with expression pedals

1 Like

Installed and no issues. Exp pedal travel is better. I modified my presets to use scene changes to control the WaH on/off state instead of heel/toe so can’t test that.

I have the switch output on my ME pedal going to my Nektar Pacer which sends cc’s to alternate between two scenes identical except for opposing wah and volume block states. Preset loads with the volume block on wah off, press the switch and it turns the volume block off and the wah on. So it acts as a vol/wah pedal. That frees up my other exp pedal which I am using to control going clean to some gain.

1 Like

I’ll skip this one as it doesn’t yet fix the issue I’m still grappling with - failure to update over wifi.

And now my QC no longer works with Cortex Control.

That’s incredibly annoying. Why would you do this?

did you update BOTH the QC and Cortex Control? You have to update QC first, directly from the unit. THEN update CoCo from the NDSP downloads page, in that exact order.

they should probably put that in the email/instructions, etc

5 Likes

I’m having trouble finding the control update download.

should be the first entry

actually, you might as well wait for the next one.
Unbelievably, this one STILL doesn’t totally fix the XP screwups. Yikes

that’s 2.2.1

it doesn’t work with 2.2.2

Am I doing something wrong?

I don’t know, maybe it’s a misprint or something- I can’t keep up with the CorOS vs CoCo version updates now with all the hotfixes, but…

it’s version 0.7.0.42 of the editor, which is working fine w/ version 2.2.2 of CorOS on my QC

(I think maybe they didn’t have to update the editor, just CorOS for the hotfix, and just didn’t adjust the description on the DL page yet)

How about the developers save a bunch of new and improved effects like Reverb or Chorus, then only release a bug fix when there’s a sound update?

That way the user gets positive feedback from doing the update instead of wondering if they should go back to tube amps or the latest digital offering from someone else.

I’m still a fan and have gigged extensively with my Quad, but this is weak, getting on my nerves.