CorOS 2.0 release / communication of progress

NEWS UPDATE

2 Likes

Not bummed about this as the cloud does need a lot of work.

I dont think is anything to do with work on the cloud. Its saying that the update is imminent and if you want to upload or download any presets beforehand do so now before its too late. NDSP wouldnt be issuing this if the bugs mentioned above were serious or insurmountable and therefore, this is good news.

2 Likes

Let’s please please please not start an uproar over the definition of the word imminent and what that means for QC.

5 Likes

Wait are they saying that our own presets may disappear after updating to 2.0? Or the ones on the app?

Neither. They are saying to people that the app will not work any more for QCs that are not 2.0. It’s just a head’s up for people not planning on updating right away for whatever reason to get their stuff in order.

3 Likes

Goodbye star system!

Ohhh okay. I guess I skimmed through the update too quick.

Well said. I just got my unit 2 days ago
 and I am looking forward to the 2.0 and the desktop editor as well as the 1.5 on the mobile app. So yes, even after 2 days I do wish it were here already. I would be among the frustrated folks if I had bought this a year ago. I feel good about what I do know about this company and this device. I really like it and I think they are going to have some nice surprises for us.

1 Like

Oh alright got it, thanks!

I just wanted to say that as a developer myself, I sympathise with NDSP and its developers. Developing for mobile and web is one thing, but developing for hardware is much more difficult than people realise. The reason to extensively test is if Neural releases an update that bricks devices, they’ll need to be shipped to Neural and then shipped back (incurring high costs and taking away time from working on other things).

Having said that, communication is a problem and I am glad to see NDSP acknowledge this and hopefully moving forward, we get better communication. One thing I struggle to understand is the secrecy? I can understand the secrecy for the plugins as there is marketing and coordination with the artist (for the Archetype plugins), but for QC owners, we already paid for the device, is there a reason that Neural doesn’t share in progress development with the community and chooses secrecy?

And I am not talking about experimental features that won’t be released, I mean features that will be released. Naturally, Neural would need to add a disclaimer that all shared information is subject to change and not indicative of the final outcome, but it could be awesome to see screenshots of the desktop editor. We know it has been worked on for over a year, maybe Neural could share some progess on that (and other things). I would love to see an engineering blog or even development updates from the development teams themselves on the normal blog.

Overall, I love my QC and the sounds I can get out of it. I’m optimistic and excited about the future.

4 Likes

Probably because Neural DSP don’t want their competitors to know in advance what they will release to the public. This is a fair point in my opinion, even if - as a QC User - I would love to know a little bit more what await us in the (near / not so near ?) future 
 This is an act of balance from Neural DSP, and a though one !

2 Likes

That did cross my mind too. However, all competing modellers to the Quad Cortex (besides the already released capture feature) are way ahead. I can’t possibly see what Neural could release for the QC that doesn’t already exist on another device like the Helix or Axe Fx. I wouldn’t expect then to divulge details on features competitors don’t have, but the desktop editor and other things we know are coming (already announced) would be nice.

3 Likes

Me neither, but it would be a pleasant surprise :grin:

Anyway, it’s not the feature per se that can give a company an advantage against the competitors , it is the way the feature is implemented.
Take the ‘block/grid system’ of the QC : it is very similar to what Helix has done for years , yet the touch screen is a complete game changer for this kind of device !

Leaking informations about future products is always risky for a company, because it could give time to the competitors to adapt and create something similar faster

Like you, I really would like to have at least some screenshot of the Desktop Editor, because even if (a long time ago) Neural said they will create ‘a Desktop Editor like no one has seen before’ (commercial b-shit, it could be anything, tbh) I really doubt it would be significantly different from, say, the Fractal Desktop editor or the Helix one 
 time will tell, I hope I’m completly wrong on this one :man_shrugging:

I agree that they should be more transparent about the pre-launch annoucements because a lot of people - including me - bought a QC knowing that those features were initially lacking, but would be present 'soon after launch’©

Note: I purposely ignored comments like 'buy a product for what it IS not what is WILL be, because I don’t buy a tube amp, I buy a modern-era upgradable-computer-like product , just like Fractal/Helix are
 and decided to put my trust in NDSP. Time will tell if my decision was a good one, but I think that 2023 will be a great year for the QC

2 Likes

So true
 I retired a couple of years ago from a long career in the software and computer hardware biz, and your comments are spot-on!

1 Like

Blockquote
I can’t possibly see what Neural could release for the QC that doesn’t already exist on another device like the Helix or Axe Fx.

Maybe possibilities to control with the device every single bloc and not to be limited to 8 switches.
Load dynamicaly some exotic effect in your current preset instead of change preset and cause latency like this feature :

The Complainceptioning

Looking forward to the update. Having a
ton o’ fun in the meantime. Glad you’re getting it right.

1 Like

Just a quick update to say that unfortunately we had to push a fix for a bug that was found at the weekend. The testers will get a new build, which unofficially could see us releasing this week if nothing new is found.

I’ll follow up once I have more information to share with you. Hopefully with a scheduled release time.

55 Likes

ANY news is better than no news. Thanks, Dan.

3 Likes