CorOS 2.0 release / communication of progress

That’s funny… but… … … … … … … … … … it could be true … … … … … … …

The first thing I noticed in the 2.0 manual was that it now allows FIVE different backups instead of ONE. This is good.

2 Likes

It’s a major upgrade , i am happy, can’t you appreciate the fundamental changes such as hybrid mode etc….

1 Like

I thought it would take 2mins after the release before the complaints about “when will we get feature x” will come.
Now they’re already coming before the release :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Lol… well they released the documentation before the release… so all the new stuff is unveiled… and it’s not really impressive.

This is a significant improvement! A method for doing local backups would still provide maximum flexibility for versioning of your presets, but the ability to store five cloud backups is just fantastic and a major step in the right direction. In addition to other versioning benefits I can see this being very useful if you end up with a corrupt preset somewhere that is causing issues on the QC.

Neural may also want to add a method to delete just the current preset during boot at some point as well. The Helix has this ability so that a preset that is actually preventing a proper device start can be deleted. I suppose the superior approach would be to simply have the QC bootup process be bulletproof enough to switch to another preset when the current one is corrupt. Or although it would be a bit more of a PITA… you could just always have it boot to a factory preset every time (these can be modified but not saved). One would assume that would ensure for the most part that the factory presets will not become corrupted.

2 Likes

I could not disagree more.
It was what has been announced, plus a few extras.

3 Likes

Well if that’s enough to rock your boat I’m happy for you.

Dude it’s free! I never can understand people’s disappointment regarding this release. There’s probably a small team compared to Line 6 etc working on these updates and I feel they should be cut some slack!

6 Likes

Still no kind of phase compensation or per-preset input levels?

Free? The unit is close to 3000€ new at the moment and it still after this update can’t do basic stuff all the competitors can.

I just noticed that neural captures now show whether or not it’s an amp, cab, or pedal!

5 Likes

Buy a competitor

6 Likes

Like most updates so far, it covers MANY of the most voted-on Feature Requests here. It proves they are listening to all our needs (just can’t do them all at once)

6 Likes

Then maybe you should sell it! It took helix years to get where they are. You need to be patient! You don’t know how soon the next update will come along.

5 Likes

Well the unit sounds really good coz the capture function is great. So I will stick with it. But that said I still think there are basic stuff that should have been implemented from day one. And 2 years in they are over due. I was expecting much more of this update. Especially when it’s months delayed.

What features do you think they should’ve implemented from day one?

2 Likes

But it also neglected a lot of basic stuff that has been talked about and requested for awhile, which is unfortunate. Glad it’s finally coming out and I’m sure there’s a lot of improvements to the UI, but it’s a little scant in the “new” department.

Dang, the update hasn’t even been released yet and I’m proved right.

8 Likes

I know I’m out of my element when it comes to talking about coding, but is it really that hard to implement per-preset input levels or some level of phase compensation? I don’t mean to be nitpicky, but those features have been requested for a few years now.