CorOS 2.0 release / communication of progress

The manual for 2.0 is now available online.

5 Likes

Can you post a link?

8 Likes

Any more news??

The Doomsday clock was updated today :grinning:

8 Likes

the link is broken

1 Like

They changed it: https://downloads.neuraldsp.com/file/quad-cortex/Quad%20Cortex%20User%20Manual%202_0_0.pdf

3 Likes

I love that answer!! Lol

2 Likes

The only thing changed was one typo it looks like

1 Like

2.0.0 ā†’ 2_0_0

CA Johnā€™s 2C Ch1 (MesaĀ® BoogieĀ® JP2CĀ®)
ā€¢ CA Johnā€™s 2C Ch2 (MesaĀ® BoogieĀ® JP2CĀ®)
ā€¢ CA Johnā€™s 2C Ch3 (MesaĀ® BoogieĀ® JP2CĀ®)

new JP amps on 2.0.0 as the manual shows
there are a lot of new neural captures as well

no new delay \ reverb or mod, there are 4 new IR loaders.

i was really hoping they will finally add reverse delay and new types of reverbs.
with all the new stuff, i am kinda sad to be fair because of it. thats me anyway. (and yes, i know it takes time, and there are other priorities before.)
i hope it will be added soon.

2 Likes

ā€œAfter the release is before the release.ā€ - Sepp Herberger
:slight_smile:

1 Like

A release is a release is a release ā€¦

1 Like

But has it been released? Lol

Things Iā€™m stoked about

• Hybrid Mode. I want to have scenes for wet effects and maintain the ability to add drives
  • Global EQ. I can take away all those Post-EQ blocks I have and be able to tailor the sound to the room
  • Global Bypass - In case I want to run into a cab I donā€™t have to go to each preset and bypass.
  • Scene Bypass State Behavior - Makes that workflow easier

Sure thereā€™s more that Iā€™d like to see, like being able to reorder a set list for example, but still very happy to see these

4 Likes

But why release the documentation and not the update?

2 Likes

The manual for QC was released before the unit was. Thatā€™s just how they do it I guess.

1 Like

So it can still be days, weeks and months? :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

perhaps this approach is to saturate the social media outlets and possibly cut down on the ā€œwhy canā€™t I get _____ to work on my Quad anymore!!!ā€ messages/threads

2 Likes

Yes, WE guess. I love the unit, but not sure about how they are doing things. But hey, thatā€™s just me. My impression is that this company has like 4 people working for it, but does global sales. I am probably wrong, it is just my first impression. I have only had my unit for a week, and I did not know they existed until a month ago. I will say that what they actually produce is amazing.