Cloud: Organize captures and presets in categories

It’s a bit chaotic in the cloud at the moment. Often you don’t know what was captured because many users don’t give meaningful names, descriptions and tags.

After capturing when entering the name, the user should therefore be asked by means of radio buttons to specify the category (mandatory field):
Stomp | Preamp | Amp only | Amp + Cab | Power Amp | Cab only
(Did I forgot something?)

With this information, the captures in the cloud can be organized by type. On this basis, NDSP could also assign different icons by type (coloring or small signs on them).

The same thing could be done with presets, e.g. Clean | Crunch | Mid Gain | Hi Gain | Ambient.

Yes! Hashtags are helpful for finding things, but should not replace more precise organization like you’re laying out here. Love the mandatory categories.

Your last question illustrates the need for some serious thought around metadata, particularly given the desire to expand captures into time-based fx. There are probably other data items that should be included such as brand / model of main capture item, guitar/bass, and other stuff that hasn’t occurred to us yet.

Just adding metadata as we think of it is gonna create a mess. If there are too many items, it’ll be tedious for the kind people sharing captures.

A good starting point would be to have at least a general categorization of the captures on the cloud… right now is very difficult to quickly identifty the nature of the captures if the user didn’t bother to add anything into the description field.

Maybe one effective way could be forcing the user who’s uploading a capture to the cloud to choose one macro-category among the above ones before letting him conclude the procedure successfully.

Please add the ability to search/sort/filter Cloud app captures by type, such as: Pedal, Preamp, Amp DI, Amp+Cab, etc. This would be useful on the device too.

1 Like

This combined with different icons for different capture types would be really handy
(Link to thread regarding icons: Identify the Neural Capture with colored icon)

2 Likes

As the QC has the Ability to Capture a lot of different Hardware, it could really be overwhelming to Search Through the Captures.

So it would be really great if there was a way to sort the Captures by the Type of Capture.

Maybe for Example like the Categories you have when adding an new Block to the Signal Chain.

What I Mean are Categories like:

Preamp Capture
Stompbox Capture
Amp Head Capture

And so on.

Hope That this feature will be added. Would help a lot with a big amount of Captures. And I think a lot of us will have a huge amount as time goes by.

Think we need categories in uploaded captures. The names isn´t enough for sorting out what is what!
Like: Cabs, amps, cabs+amps and pedals.
D

I thought you can use tags for that purpose. A quick view in the cloud and I noticed that tags are only available for presets. I think the easiest way would be to implement the tag functionality for captures as well.

2 Likes