Clean tone while distorted?

Possibly just a noob question, but no matter what preset I use, if I hit the strings good and hard, the clean tone cuts through over top of all the amp and FX settings. It’s like there’s a clean guitar and an effected guitar on separate channels.

Using Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen into my PC. Doesn’t matter if I’m using the standalone or running it into Reaper.

Hello @steve.baric. You may need to disable direct monitor at the front of your audio interface.

Hmm… that would leave me without a monitor, since I’m only using headphones.

I’m talking about this switch:

It allows you to listen to the input signal with no latency. Not really useful with Amp Plug-Ins since you will hear the clean signal no matter what. If you disable it, you should hear only the processed signal.

For more information check these links: 1, 2, 3.

OMG

facepalms self for bleedingly obvious solution

My old interface didn’t have an option to bypass, and I’ve been using a front-loaded preamp rig. That’s what I get for not paying attention.

Thanks for your help!!

1 Like

No problem. Glad it worked out.

FYI for the DAW list: these won’t work with Audition CS6. It’s 32 bit and won’t import 64-bit VSTs.

Works in Reaper.

1 Like

Hey i have the same problem but with a scarlett 4i4 and does not have that button would you know anything about that?