Here’s some ideas on how to improve the capture process:
- Make the connection tutorial possible to toggle on/off. This way when you know the process you can start captures faster and go between grid and capture easier. The toggle button should be visible even in the capture window so you can refer to it if needed.
- Make it possible to use a cab sim in the capture view. Using a loadbox sounds awful otherwise.
- Add the ability to fine tune capture block behavior. For example my captures seem to end up having 10 dB more gain than the real amp so if I could set baseline gain to -10 dB then I could correct this and the capture would behave accurately for everyone.
- Likewise if you let us set the frequency, min/max gain and Q for the 3 band EQ then the person capturing the amp could make those behave closer to the amp controls.
- When saving the capture, don’t discard typed in info if you press “Start from scratch”. Most of the time you want to make more captures of the same amp so having the previous text filled in would help save time.
- When changing slot to save the capture to, don’t discard the text typed in name/tag.
- When overwriting a slot, show the name of the capture currently in that slot as well as the slot bank/setlist.
- Allow having the same name for multiple captures. Otherwise this will cause issues with downloaded captures if people use the same naming schemes and you capture the same amp. Just append a number at the end of the name when using them.
- “Start from scratch” should not show the connection diagram. Maybe rename this to “Make new capture”