Cancel Tap Tempo by pressing a scene button

When you tap tempo you get the tempo screen come up. However it’s impossible to then select a scene when it’s active.

I’ve missed loads of changes in songs with fast moving changes because I’m stuck in the tempo screen.

You should be able to override the tempo screen by pressing a scene button and ideally select the specific scene you press on.

I have the same issue, and to me another solution is to not show the tempo window at all, to me the tempo light blinks is totally enough, so make possible to configure to not switch to the tempo window if he user don’t want to see it when he setting up the tempo pressing the tempo footswitch.
Thanks!

1 Like

It is recommended that Tap Tempo not jump to the Tempo interface, and Tempo can be displayed on the main interface.

2 Likes

Now I can hide the Tempo Screen by stepping on any other footswich. Then I can change the Scene.

But it’s something to be solved. I wish I could set the unit so the tempi screen doesn’t show.

Thanks.

1 Like

Can’t you tap in the tempo without calling up the tempo page (don’t long hold) or do you need to see the BPM?

No. As soon as you tap in the tempo the ‘Tempo’ screen appears. I think this should be changed so that when you are just tapping in the tempo (no long-press), the tempo just appears on your current screen somewhere as @leon0715 mentioned.

2 Likes

How long does the tempo screen stay on your display? On mine, it’s only up for approximately 2 seconds after the last tempo button push. I agree that it’s a bit annoying and doesn’t serve much purpose but it hasn’t been a problem for me, in practice. If you need to change scenes immediately after setting tempo, I can see how that would be a problem. If your QC keeps the tempo screen up for longer than 2 seconds, there may be some kind of software glitch or maybe there’s a setting that I overlooked in the manual.

Probably the same duration as yours. It would just be a superior implementation if there was an option to have a small readout located somewhere on your current screen that displayed the tempo, and not have the main tempo screen pop up.

1 Like

…and then tapping on that readout brings up the normal Tap Tempo screen, rather than having it appear when tapping.

1 Like

Sounds like a sound idea to me. I’d vote for that!