Can I capture my Andy Timmons Halo Delay pedal accurately on my QC?

Hi guys,
I have moved to using a pedalboard along with my QC, mostly because I love my Halo pedal. I mainly use the famous Halo sound Andy uses with no mods and pretty much leave it there. Is this something that could be captured into the QC and sound like it should? Has anyone had any experience with capturing time based pedals? I also have a Strymon Cloudburst. I like the pedalboard, but have found myself wishing I could just bring the QC and be done with it…

Hi @BrianVallotton, unfortunately time-based effects cannot be captured. If the Halo and Cloudburst are absolutely indispensible to you, then you’ve got to keep them with the QC.

1 Like

Hi Brother,
Yes, this is what lead me to putting my QC on a Pedaltrain board. I have a nice setup. I gotta admit I did like bringing my QC in its case on one shoulder and my guitar in the other hand. That pedalboard and hard case is HEAVY! :wink: I appreciate the input. God bless.

there’s a video out there (might be Jonathan Cordy) where he gets really close to the Halo sound using a couple of delays on the QC. Broadly, the Halo is a combination of a dotted 8th delay and a 1/4 delay (it is a bit more complex than that) Also, look a the video where Robert Keeley and andy Timmons explain what it does.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. Yes I have seen those videos. I am not that good at operating the QC but find that even with the tweaking that John Cordy and others have done that it does not get there for me. Once playing through the real pedal ruined me! So I have it and will use it. I don’t tweak the pedal either (so far). I just put it on that Halo sound and go with it. I also sparingly use the Strymon Cloudburst with it. Really sweet sounds. I play through a fairly clean Fender tone with the Keeley AT Super Overdrive in front of it. It is funny, once we find a sound that we really like… very satisfying. God bless.

1 Like