Beta control says connected to QC via computer wifi, but QC says not connected to internet

Hello. Trying to update using computer wifi connection as I’ve never been able to connect the QC to my wifi even standing next the router upstairs. Internet is working fine. Control says connected to QC via the computer for internet.
Website says to have current firmware updated in order to use new Control. Since I need the beta to connect to the internet, here’s my problem.
I very easily backed up to the cloud right before trying to update the QC.

When I originally bought the QC I had to go to a friends house to use his really high speed connection wifi. Firmware downloaded so fast that it was at 30% done before I could acknowledge it was working.
What’s stupid is that my internet is a fibre connection as well.
Thoughts

The Internet connection to your computer may be via Ethernet or perhaps a WiFi adaptor that has superior connectivity than the one on the QC. Also, when using Cortex Control (CoCo), its internet connection is supposed to take precedence over the QC’s onboard WiFi adaptor according to Neural’s documentation. Not sure if this answers your question or not.

Btw the latest production release of CoCo (1.0.0) has been released. Your topic title says, ‘Beta control’. Have you updated to the latest CoreOS, USB driver, and CoCo version?

thanks for the response.

Yes the computer is suppose to work better. And yes I understand that the QC is supposed to take the internet from the computer. The computer says that’s what happening. The QC says it’s not connected.

Only still using Beta CoCo because according to the website you need the current version for QC to run it. Since I need Beta CoCo to connect to internet for me, this is why I haven’t yet updated that. But meanwhile it only worked properly for a cloud backup.

Think I follow you. The best I can do is confirm your current state of affairs. As you have observed, currently if your internet connection is being provided by only CoCo you cannot run an update from the QC. You get an offline message and don’t get the blue ‘CHECK FOR UPDATES’ button. Additionally, I have not found a way to update directly from CoCo. Hopefully being able to run updates via CoCo’s interface, and its internet connection, are capabilities Neural adds going forward.

Your best option now might be further troubleshooting the problem with the QC not connecting to your home network (might be some router settings you could change). Would drive me nuts if I had to contend with this every time there was an update.

Other options are to use a hotspot connection from your phone or use a friend’s internet connection as you have in the past.

Btw, a good place to start with troubleshooting your router is making sure you have separate SSIDs for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. QC needs to run on the 2.4Ghz SSID. Having the router’s GUI up to get some visibility into what is happening while you are trying to connect the QC might be helpful.

Thanks again. Yeah I’m going to do some investigating on the landlord’s internet modem. I’ve been fighting for an wifi extender for downstairs. I’m going to see if there’s another output from the modem that I can run my own line downstairs into my own system that I use for a video network with fiIm. I know this system does 2.4 as well. Hope that works. Otherwise yes I’ll have to go to my friend’s house which is ridiculous.
Yes it would nice to be able to update from coco.