Allow Main Volume Control to specific outputs

The Main volume control is global to all outputs. I’d like the ability to set the FOH output, and just allow the Main volume dial to control my FRFR Monitor.
Therefore this suggestion is to allow the user to set volume to specific outputs in the output settings, and assign the main control to specific outputs. I know there is a work around, set the Main Volume to full, and then adjust the outputs, but this is a pain when playing live.
I want to set the FOH volume for the sound engineer, but have the ability to adjust my floor monitors/cab.

Yep, agree completely. Current setup renders the hardware volume knob useless in a live setting with FRFR.

2 Likes

this has been discussed in another thread… but we all agree… the large volume knob it’s an invitation to an unpleasant volume surprise if you accidentally bump it.

1 Like

Hi BobbyLane99,
Yup, there is a good thread on this Topic, but I was of the impression that to elevate the issue towards the top of the ‘To do’ pile, the Issues would be voted on. More Votes means please consider this of higher importance.
There is ‘Nice to Have’ and ‘Must have’. For me this is a must have.

2 Likes

thanks Harle… I just voted for this.

1 Like

Agree - this is very important to not mess up FOH mix from stage

Yup - absolute “must-have” feature.

as in the helix floor the master volume should be assignable and not indistinctly control all the outputs, so you could send a fixed signal to the mixer and independently manage the volume of your monitor

Yup. Critical feature. I want to set a level to FOH and lock it there. Whereas any amount of volume I have coming through a cab may need to change as the band changes songs/intensity. Don’t want to mess with the FOH guys mix!

Very important feature.
In additional to all of the above, another scenario is if I want to add a 3rd fx loop by making out1 as send and in2 as return. I dont want the main volume knob to control out1.