Activation of bluetooth on QC

In one of the first videos, Doug said that the Wi-Fi module in the device also supports bluetooth, and that they can activate it if necessary. And I stumbled upon an awesome reason to do this:

Great midi controller: good solid body, 2 expression pedals, bluetooth, fantastic flexibility, 300 hours of battery life. It will be very cool to connect this device without wires or additional receiver.

I’d also like the enabling of bluetooth to be able to stream music (backgrounds) to play along with from my smartphone

8 Likes

I have the AIRSTEP and AIRSTEP Lite, it would be epic to use them with the QC wirelessly.

3 Likes

Big vote for Bluetooth activation including midi
Over Bluetooth . Will put QC another level above
Hopeful for the future.

4 Likes

Should be great to be able to use Bluetooth headphone as monitor

2 Likes

The QC doesn’t have bluetooth built in. There is also none mentioned anywhere.

This is incorrect. The module used supports both Wi-Fi and BT but BT is not currently enabled.

2 Likes

@MP_Mod Well, obviously I would like that. But again, it is nowhere mentioned and I even had a conversation about this with the Neural DSP Support. I wrote as a feedback/wishlist:

This is the answer I got:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-09 um 21.15.41

It’s been noted a few times in the past year from NDSP and on various forums and someone posted screenshots of the internals as well indicating as such. As of current, BT or no BT, it’s not enabled or available. It would make sense as just about every Wi-Fi module available to date includes BT support.

you can’t really use bluetooth headphones to monitor musical instruments. the latency is too high.

1 Like

I think you can easily solve with CME WIDI Master.
For monodirectional communication i think you’d use only one of the two dongles.
With two (o with a WIDI Jack) I controlled my QC with an iPad…

7 Likes

Interesting, does that work via USB?

Didn’t try anything over USB other than audio input…
WIDI Master, WIDI Jack and WIIDI Host are different ‘flavours’ of the same Midi-over-BT technology.

2 Likes

What would be sick is a Bluetooth music player and a Bluetooth editor like the eventide H9.

1 Like

I agree100%. We would also greatly benefit the controller buttons having ability to control multiple on/off functions. Meaning, I would like to hit one switch and activate multiple switches ie compressor off with drives on.

@Masteredxnone this is basically what scenes are for

1 Like

Not sure if you sorted this out yet but a “widi master” will do the trick. Costs about $55. You just plug it into the back of the cortex and it should auto connect to your airstep. Works great!

2 Likes

WIDI master does work, I’ve had one for a while now. But considering the QC has a BT radio on board users shouldn’t have to buy one. Neural just needs to activate the radio.

1 Like

Hi! Has there been any confirmation / information
of the Bluetooth feature in the meantime?

You can use them for backing tracks, the latency doesnt matter at all in that case. I do it all the time with many different devices.

1 Like