White noise even without any input

Hi,

I’m trying to get rid of my amps and switch to digital, but I’m having issues with white noise when using plugins.

I’ve tried multiple guitars, a couple of scarlett interfaces, different laptops, different locations (i.e. moving to a different building), different plugins, but all of them produce so much noise it’s borderline unusable.

When I use clean sounds, everything’s perfect. When I turn the gain/distortion up, the noise becomes almost as loud as the guitar sound itself.

What I don’t understand, is why plugins produce noise even when there is literally no input? I.e. when I unplug my guitar from the interface completely?

I’m just using one of the Plini presets with the noise gate turned off. As you can see, there’s 0 input, but there’s a pretty significant noise output.

Here’s a recording of the noise with nothing plugged in the interface:

Here’s the noise with the guitar plugged in:

I’d appreciate any help. Thank you.

Hi @MoarPizzaPls and welcome to the community! I haven’t heard and or seen that issue occurring on the forum so probably best to reach out to support@neuraldsp.com and they will get you sorted. My guess is that you may need to tweak the sample size but it’s just a guess.