When using physical 2x12 cabinet, how to disable cab block in QC?

I’m using a Physical 2x12 with V30s and want to disable cab sims in the QC. But when I mute them I lose all my sound from the physical cabinet. What am I doing wrong? Pretty simple chain, Drive > Amp > Cab (muted) > Delay > Output 3/4

How are you powering your speaker cabinet?

Temple Audio Amp Mod. Works fine when the cab block is unmuted.

I may be misunderstanding your terms, but you shouldn’t mute the cab block, you need to disable it instead.

I was thinking the same thing.

Do you mean delete the block entirely? I know of the “m” in the block which mutes, and how to delete, but not how to disable.

Deleting the block will work, or you can turn the block off (the same way you turn off any other pedal in the chain) if you want to keep it in the preset for when you wish to use it.

You can disable (turn off) the block by double-tapping it on the grid. The block should look greyed out.

you may have your Bypass mode set to ‘mute’ instead of it letting the signal pass thru as in normal bypass. You have the option to change how bypass mode works, I think it’s in the 3 dot editing menu for the device block

3 Likes

This did it. Disabling the cab didn’t work, but going into the block, clicking the 3 dots, and clicking “mute/bypass” and then disabling the block fixed it. Thanks! Sounds so much better now. Far less muddy.

3 Likes