What kind of pedalboard are you guys using?

HI, how the Relay antennas are working under the metal cage (as the pedalboard shall act as kind of Faraday’s cage)? Don’t you have too big signal losses?
I am asking, as on one of my pedalboards I had to drill additional holes and put antennas outside.
(Is that kill switch on your guitar?)

1 Like

I haven’t run the pedalboard in a live environment yet. Here at home it works just fine. I can wander the house and there’s no degradation of signal. I’ve got the cabling necessary to set up “external” antenna, but I’m loathe to drill the board to bring them through the board if it’s not needed… so I’m waiting until I get it out in a live situation, ideally with competing wireless signals, etc.

And that’s a momentary kill switch, allowing for stutters, and rhythmic stuff. Honestly don’t know why I thought it’d be useful for me, but there it is.

1 Like

May have gone a bit overkill with this board but I thought it would be a good challenge!

Independently of the preamp, the AMP1 doubles as power-amp. I wanted to have the flexibility to choose the preamps (QC or Amp1) so my signal chain is a bit complicated:

• Wireless > Wah / Vol > 1Control Loop > Amp1 IN → if loop is off it goes direct to Amp1

• 1Control Loop SEND > QC IN

• QC SEND 1 > 1Control Loop RETURN → if loop is on I send the signal to the QC

Then I have the Amp1 FX loop:

• Amp1 SEND > QC RETURN 1
  • QC SEND 2 > Amp1 RETURN

I added a midi-through box so I can control everything from the PaintAudio controller.

Everything housed on a Temple Audio Duo 17 (there’s 1cm clearance between the Amp 1 / floor - which definitely makes me a bit nervous).

4 Likes

That is a really well done setup! Thanks for sharing it. What are some of your favorite amps you use in the QC?

Hi Brian, hope you’re doing well!
I’ve been using (almost exclusively) the TR OD50 from Amalgam … I have just 1 main preset from edge of break-up to solo layered up using the QC drives.

I’m now looking at the Amp1’s MIDI implementation to see if I can try some of it’s channels as well but it’s still early days on that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you able to program that MIDI controller to use the bank up and down switches to control the same on the QC?

I’m using the external controller to change scenes while the QC footswitches stay stomp mode.
From a quick read in the manual it does not look those functions (bank up/down) have been implemented :frowning:

1 Like

Nice one, thanks for looking.

I have an eerilly similar-looking knockoff to the lower-end MIDI Commander. It said ‘10 programmable switches’ on their site when I bought it, but after badgering them about it, they dropped it to 8, as the two bank switches aren’t.

I was hoping maybe your newer, updated model might be fully programmable. Alas!

I recently bought the Tone King Imperial MkII from Amalgam. I am using edge of breakup warm and it sounds really nice. I need to configure a preset around it but just the capture with a cab and some reverb sounds really nice. Thanks for sharing here with us.

1 Like

Hi Bruno From France, This is my pedalboard.
Rockboard Quad 4,4
Quad Cortex
Midi Captain Standard
Eventide H9 Max
Boss PW-3
Boss EV-30
Peterson Strombostomp
Line 6 Relay G70
TC Helicon Voicelive play GTX
Power Voodoolab 4X4 and a special filtered 12 volt 3 amp power supply for the quad.
George LS cables
Midi solution boxe for merge
and Kenton midi boxe for dispatching midi
out in 2 FR-FR Headrush 108
Voilà :wink:
have a nice day

5 Likes

This is my diy board for home noodling. Made mostly from reclaimed materials. Only things I bought were the handles, the power strip and some cable fasteners. Total cost about 40€. Not practical if I still played in a band but perfect for home use.

3 Likes

Waggi!

1 Like

holy crap those leds on the EQ are obnoxious lol

1 Like

I don’t look at the pedals while I’m playing

And… where is the QC?

3 Likes

Yes, always Dual Lock. :wink:

1 Like

Almost finished - I want to split it into 2 separate pedalboards - One with the looper and morningstar midi and one with the Freqout and QC… The size of this pedalboard is a bit of a hassle at the moment.

4 Likes

My new pedalboard

Aclam L2 pedalboard with smart fasteners.

Simple easy setup and easily removed or repositioned without the need for velcro etc apart from the polytune which is fixed via velcro due to the small size.

Front

Seymour Duncan powerstage 200
Quad cortex
Mission engineering SP1-ND
Polytune
Audio technica system 10 wireless system

Back

Anker USB C Plug, 543 (65W II) (Amazon)
(Usb-3x2 and Usb-Cx2 ports)
Mission engineering 529
(Powers wireless system and polytune USB 3 port)

Mission engineering 529M
(Set to 12v and powers QC from usb C port)

4 Likes

I’ve been keeping it on my desktop near the interface

This is cool. How to you find the amp mod? Is it pretty transparent for the modeler to work well?