What kind of pedalboard are you guys using?

Great, thanks! I believe I have some from an older pedalboard build.

Do you use FRFR or the cab sims on the Powercab?

Mostly neither - I use Flat/LFRaw - i.e., the raw Eminence speaker. I find it is a pretty nice sounding guitar speaker, comparing well with some nice Celestion speakers I have. So this gives me amp in the room tone with no speaker processing at all. I do use a QC speaker model, but it only goes to FOH, not the Powercab.

FRFR is OK, but it doesn’t sound as good as LFRaw to me. The Powercab speaker models are OK, but I find I like the raw Eminence speaker better.

1 Like

The A/B Footswitch you used for ?

Finally finished my board. So a couple years ago I built a pedalboard with the G3 switcher but recently I felt I just had to find a way to fit the QC on it. With the help of a fix pedalboards bridge I’m finally there. And it sounds amazing!

4 Likes

Here are some photos of my current rig with a breakout on my pedalboard. Some things I’m thinking about:

1. Need to rin a patch cable to the Strobostomp pedal.
  2. May need to run antenna extensions to the top of the board for the wireless receiver. Right now it works just fine beneath, but that’s at home.
  3. Wiring is kinda haphazard, so I may have someone professionally wire it up.

3 Likes

Hey, love the pedalboard and am thinking of doing similar with Powercon into a Metro 20- a quick question if you don’t mind please. What diameter drillbit did you use for the Powercon port? I have a 25mm (pretty much takes up the whole width) and a 20mm bit but not sure the 20mm bit will suffice?

Finally had to break down and make a real pedal board.
Too much hassle setting up more than just the Quad Cortex at a show.
I couldn’t have done this without looking through everyone else’s build here and seeing how best to approach it.

Honestly, one of the hardest things I’ve tried to tackle in a quite a while.
Much more challenging than learning and playing the music. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the inspiration.

Oh…and the real secret weapon to this whole setup as far as I’m concerned?
The Nanuk 980 case. I searched long and hard for something lighter than the standard Temple Audio Duo case. Holds everything super snug and easy enough to carry around.

3 Likes

I have been listening to your video on Original Voice. So awesome to hear about what real authenticity is. I tend to not be able to play others music anyways… hehe.

I am enjoying my Keeley Halo pedal flowing through my Strymon Cloudburst. Love those ambient sounds! I see you like Strymon too.

1 Like

Here is the latest iteration of my PedalBoard. CIOKS DC7 with CRUX power for QC. The Cloudburst and the Halo are in the effects loop as one and two. I play through the compressor and AT Super Mod into the QC. This is a Church pretty mellow and ambient sound. Fender type amps from the QC with light breakup.

5 Likes

Almost complete. Power and signal routing complete. Possible XLR input(s) in the future. Currently 1/2 in, fx loop 1 used by the h9’s post configuration, and loop 2 for outboard pedals. Now, it’s final pedal choices and placements.

5 Likes

That is one good looking board my man! Very clean and I love the orange. What is the pedal to the right of the Eventide?

Jhs colour box. (Its a DI - must be 15 characters???

1 Like

Hey how are you! Thanks for the kind words. I’d seen that a lot of artists are using the pedal. So it’s sort of an icing on the cake device in one aspect and a fuzzy overdrive ala the Beatles’ “Revolution”, Led Zeppelin’s “Black Dog”, Neil Young’s “Cinnamon Girl". Basically a channel strip out of an Neve console. And I got it used! Here’s info from the source on the JHS:

I’ve already switched the place of the JHS and the fuzz pedals! The JHS Color Box 2.0 has XLR ins and outs for recording situations so I wanted it more accessible . I currently have it as my second effects loop / quad cortex.

Cheers.

1 Like

JHS has a lot going on in a good way. I love watching his channel. He is a funny and knowledgeable guy. Thanks for sharing.

I agree!

Happiness is the journey.

Wow, some really impressive pedalboards, simple to elaborate.

I just finished rebuilding my homemade board and added a second Hotone controller. Now I can access all 8 stomps while the QC remains in Preset or Scene mode

There is a board that mounts above the devices that helps hold everthing in place and can store misc cords. It ain’t pretty, but it works.

3 Likes

Some very good changes to my pedalboard.

I found the best setup …

TempleAudio Solo18
TempleAudio AmpMod
Dunlop AutoReturn Expression Pedal (Custom)
SweetFootPedals PowerSupply (Custom)
EBS Flat TR, TRS & DC cables

In love with this set up

3 Likes

That is one clean setup there! What is your favorite Amp that you run out of your QC? Which Cab?

Friedman Lead for overdrive & UK C30 Top Boost for “cleans”

1 Like