VSTi mode : Programing preset changes

Yes thanks for the update. And thank you Gonzalo for letting me test the beta. It was nice to be able to help…and that’s the kind of thing that show a great customer service.

1 Like

Antoine, juste un détail, lorsque j’ai testé la bêta, les changements de preset par midi ne fonctionnaient pas en Vsti3. Mais tout marche parfaitement avec la version Vsti2.
Il semblerait que ce soit une limitation du format Vsti3

Thx for letting me know but I mainly use the midi functionality with the standalone so it wouldn’t be a problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Gonzalo After further testing, if I move the presets in the plugin folder to organize them, they disappear from the Midi Preset programming screen. Maybe it’s something that can be resolved in a future update ?

That happens because the MIDI programming screen is linked to the location path of each preset. A better way of organizing your presets would be re-saving them with a name change if you want a specific order (for example, adding 01 - 02 - 03 before each preset name).

Ah not very practical so.

I usually use different folders for my different musical projects (Duet/Band etc). It does the same thing with only renaming a preset (changing one letter to uppercase made the preset disappear from the midi screen).

It would be great than instead of the path, the midi screen would use an internal unique number to recognize the patches and find them anywhere in the folder structure.

What if you create a sub-folder for each song/project inside the User presets folder containing every preset you will use? After that, you should be able to program the MIDI preset changes for each preset.

Currently, the MIDI programming screen works like that. If you change the path of the preset it will disappear from the screen since it’s linked to the location path.

Yep that’s what I’m doing now, I just need to remember to locate the preset in the right folder BEFORE programming the midi screen.

I think it’s time to preorder the Quad Cortex to get everything I need on top of the killer sounds I get from Plini ^^

2 Likes