Volume pedal for all presets?

Hello !
Can I use a volume pedal for all presets ? Just calibrate one time in the main menu (without put it in a block chain) ?
Many thanks.
Aymeric

currently not, but thereā€™s a feature request with a lot of votes for this:

Expression As Global Volume Pedal

1 Like

You could create a default ā€œknown stateā€ preset with a vol block and pedal assigned to it along with all your other default I/O settings and levels and then whenever you create a new preset use that as your starting point. I do that with multi-pedals and my digital recorders etc.

3 Likes

you can also calibrate and assign the XP to the Volume Block and then save those parameters as the default setting on the vol block- then anytime you add it to a preset itā€™ll be preconfigured and ready to go.

2 Likes

I need to delve more into those default parameters as Iā€™m getting past that unitial learning curve thingy and ready to get things organized. I got the ā€œknown stateā€ save from my Tascam 32 track so that when you start a new project you are starting with everything set to what you are expecting. And there are LOTS of things! Seems the parameters thing might do the same or similar on the QC.

1 Like

Thanks for yours answers !

Thatā€™s the way I use my FM9. Fractal has the provision to map an expression pedal to global volume without putting a volume block in each preset. Very useful feature. I hope Neural does implement this feature soon.

I think a template is a great idea if you have a basic signal chain you always like to start with. Thatā€™s how I usually build, starting with a ā€˜templateā€™ preset Iā€™ve already configured with my fav tricks.

If weā€™re talking about an individual block that you generally use with the same individualized settings, then the ā€˜set parameters as defaultsā€™ option in the deviceā€™s contextual menu is great for tweaking a block to your own personal settings and having them ready to go anytime you add that block

1 Like

This is simple really:

1. Add an option to the device settings menu to use EXP1 or EXP2 as a global volume control either on all or specific input(s) or output(s). Perhaps you only want to control volume for your FRFR cab and not the output going to the house (when controlling output volume). This has to be easy to change.

2. If you insert a Volume block in the chain and you assign your global expression pedal it overrides the global function of the expression pedal on that preset. This way you can f.i. put the volume control between the amp and delays/reverbsā€¦

Done! ;oP

PS: Rename the ā€˜Master Volume Knob Assignmentā€™ page into ā€˜Volume Control Assignmentsā€™ with 2 sections:

1. Master Volume Knob ; -and-
  2. Expression Volume Pedal [OFF|EXP1|EXP2]-toggle - with similar options to select on which inputs(s) or output(s) like on the current ā€˜Master Volume Knob Assignmentā€™ page
1 Like