Expression As Global Volume Pedal

An expression pedal should default to behaving as a volume pedal.

The user should be able to tell it where to sit in the chain, with global options for the beginning or end of the chain.

Please also auto-engage the tuner when the volume pedal is all the way down.

Needing to set it per patch is not great, and needing to limit its sweep so that it doesn’t go above where you had the volume set in the first place is also not great.

Yes indeed! All of the above. Almost blew my head off using phones and trying out the expression pedal…

1 Like

Ha! Yeah… same.

An expression pedal should default to behaving as a volume pedal.

Agree Expression pedal should be set globally for volume. Important that there is a setting wherein it only turns amp volume down allowing pedals to trail off in a musical fashion. Axe-fx users have developed several “work arounds” to accomplish this trailing effect but Axe-fx also provides a global volume setting for the expression pedal.

FULLY AGREE: auto-engage the tuner when the volume pedal is all the way down.

I would also have expression pedal 2 initially setup for the “WAH” which is by far the most used secondary pedal requiring pedal control. Allow people to change this but a global setup would save so much time.

Current expression setup regimen is very time consuming.

THANK YOU!

2 Likes

Before I sold my AxeFX II to pay for my pre-ordered QC, I too had an expression pedal assigned to control global volume output for all outputs. That was a feature that I was grateful to have, especially during band practice and writing sessions.

I don’t understand what your problem is using the Gain block as a volume control. This gives you the freedom to place this block anywhere in the chain. Assign an expression pedal, set the max value to 50% and save that as default, done.
Volume should always be controlled before the effects (delay, reverb etc) and after the cab block or directly before the amp block (if you want to influence the gain of the amp), this would not be possible with a global function.