Using expression pedal as volume roll off

I’m using my expression pedal as a volume roll off at the beginning of my signal chain and it works great but I do notice a slight decrease in overall volume when the pedal is at its lowest position (heal down). Does anyone have a work around for this so that the overall volume stays the same regardless of the pedal position? I use this mainly for crunch and lead scenes where I want to clean up the tone slightly. I have set the minimum position for the expression pedal to around 25% so it is not completely off. Just enough to clean up a bit and have some variation of crunch as desired.

I must be missing somthing, why would you want your volume to remain the same, regardless of pedal position?

I’m just trying to clean up a crunch tone slightly like you would do with your volume knob on the guitar. I’m using the expression pedal instead of the volume knob on the guitar. Unfortunately the overall rig volume is lowering too but only when the pedal is at the heal position.

Put a compressor after your preamp

That will happen to one degree or another, depending on the gain/natural compression characteristics of the amp model you’re using. Don’t you find that the volume is reduced slightly when you use your guitar volume knob? In general, the more overdriven your signal, the less volume difference you’ll hear, relative to the amount of overdrive amount. You might try a some light compression after the cab block, to compensate. Try a high threshold and adjust the ratio to taste.

you could add an XP assignment to another volume level in the signal chain, but REVERSE it so that it increases the output as you lower the gain. Just invert your min and max XP values on the new assignment

Thanks everyone. I did try adding a compressor to the end of my signal and it did help. I still need to experiment with it a bit more and learn more about compression settings.