Using amp plugins as stand alone to record into daw

Trying out the dsp amp plug-ins and I find they use a lot of cpu as plug ins on multiple tracks
Since they come with the stand alone version of the amp I was able to run as stand alone and record into my Daw but I only get the dry direct input sound. Is there a way to record the amp sounds into a daw using as stand alone ? Using a focus rite i2i second gen audio interface. I have a guitar port audio interface that uses pod farm 2 software as a stand alone on my desktop and I can pick amps can effects etc and set my DAW to guitar port as the audio interface and record with zero latency no plug on on any audio track. I can even run a wah wah pedal a blues driver pedal into the guitar port as well but it’s only 16 bit and the amp models are not big and beautiful like the dsp amps though. Thought since dsp has a stand alone option that this would be possible… well not the pedals obviously because I’d be using focus rite interface for this.

Instead of routing standalone audio into your DAW, try duplicating the originals, freezing them, then flattening the duplicate tracks you’re happy with to cut down on processing power. Doing this will also leave the originals in tact that you can unfreeze and edit should the need arise. Routing from standalone to your DAW will introduce latency.

1 Like

My idea was to not have to load multiple plugins and only use one instance of a dsp amp to record different parts on different tracks. And it works but I just don’t get the amp sound only dry line in sound without the plugin sounds. I play each part live and want them to be different so not sure why I would want to duplicate a track. I have been freezing tracks but thought if I could somehow get the stand alone to record it’s sounds it would basically be like using one amp to record on multiple tracks

You would need some virtual audio device that allows you to route the output of one application (your standalone amp app) to the input of another (your DAW). That’s pretty easy to do on macOS using Soundflower, Loopback or BlackHole. I don’t know about Windows.

Ok. Thanks for that info.