Recording with the plugin

Hi guys sorry if this has been answered, is there anyway to record the plugin in say cubase or any other recording software? Thanks

What kind of question is this? Im really confused what you are asking. Please elaborate. These plugins are made to record with.Just add the plugin to you channel strip and record through it.

I could have worded it a bit better but i think you have just answered it for me. Im currently using it as a stand alone plug and play amp. I am a complete noob to audio software. I just wasnt sure if you could add the plug in for it to be straight up recorded into any audio software. Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

When you ‘record using plugins’, you’re only actually recording the dry guitar sound. The plugins sit on top of that. So basically, you never ‘need’ to commit to a sound. You can make changes to the plugin to alter the tone, use a different plugin, or even turn the plugin off. Or stack multiple different plugins. All after the recording is done.

1 Like

illegalgardener is correct. The process is to record the dry guitar signal and then use the amp plugin as a VST effect. I realize it is a bit confusing to a noob who is using the stand alone version. That said, you can of course use the plugin while you are recording, same as with any other effect.

Maybe this helps enlighten a bit more: the stand-alone version is actually a very lightweight VST host (think in terms of a super stripped down version of a DAW) that also includes the VST effect, in this case the Neural guitar amp sim you are using, all rolled up together a single stand-alone program.

This is why when you want to use another VST host, in your case Cubase, you need to use the “plugin” version of the amp as a VST effect, since this version does not include the lightweight VST host used for stand-alone purposes.

1 Like

Thanks for your help everyone, appreciate it!

1 Like