Tuner accuracy?

I’ve always used a highly accurate Peterson tuner for live use. I would prefer to keep my pedal board extremely small and not add a tuner.

Does anyone know what the specifications ( Accuracy) of the Quad Cortex built in tuner is? Thanks

2 Likes

The only thing I can say about the runner is that it is able to pickup a low F# on a detuned bass

1 Like

good question… I’ve wondered myself… would want 0.5 cent accuracy at minimum.

Good question, I always use my Peterson StoboPLUS HD tuner and love it but mainly for the ‘sweetened’ tuners (e.g. Buzz Feiton etc.)

Bump. Does anyone have an answer to this Yet?

Its been 14d and no responses etc., have you reached out to Neural support via email?

No I haven’t. I would have thought they would monitor this forum somewhat. I have a feeling with no answer the specs are not as good as they could be. Hope I’m wrong but if I have to add a Peterson to my pedal board, so be it.

I don’t know which tuner you use but the StroboHD+ is small form factor and very easy to see from a few feet away. I don’t think NDSP monitors this forum unfortunately.

I have that tuner and also the new pedal board strobe tuner. Both are accurate, excellent tuners.

On-board tuner is at least as good as a TC Polytune.

I tested my unit against a Peterson StroboRack and found it to be on-point. As far as I can tell the QC doesn’t have a way to adjust the cents for tuning like the Peterson does but when I tested at +25c and +50c the QC’s dot was right where it should be. Seems to be very accurate although it would be nice to have a dial for adjusting the base tuning with cents like the StroboRack does.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info. I don’t need different tunings just wanted something accurate. I have no room on my new Pedal board for a tuners so actually that’s great news. I would still like to know the specs though.

I need to tune to A=432 for this Friday and the tuner is all out of whack when I do this. Not even close!