Tone Junkie latest video on the QC

2 Likes

It would be cool if he sold the QC amp packs individually instead of only in the everything bundle. I canā€™t see spending that much for a bundle that will go mostly unused. I guess itā€™s good value if you have a use for that many amps/sounds. I bought some amp packs for the Tonex and IRs from him during his NAMM sale that were reasonably priced.

1 Like

In the video, he stated that he will provide individual packs later.

5 Likes

He said he is going to do that.

1 Like

H.W. always offers some interesting perspectives.

Without a marketplace, I donā€™t fully understand how third-party vendors are currently providing captures and presets. So, theyā€™re sending them, one at a time, the same way that users share with each other, using the Cortex Cloud, is that correct?

1 Like

yes, they are using the ā€˜shareā€™ function, between friends.
Easiest approach is probably to send bundles in presets, not sure if thatā€™s what theyā€™re doing or not but it would certainly save them some time.

1 Like

Hey Bob,
Yes, that is how they have to do it. The ā€œInelegant Wayā€ as it has been called. I have had good fortune with the two times I have done it. I bought a bunch of Captures from Worship Tutorials for 50% off a while back. They had them in my Cloud within 24 hours. Similar experience with Amalgam. So yes that is it for now. It does work and I was pleasantly surprised actually. The Market Place may never happen. If it doesnā€™t it is just a matter of the guys that produce the captures to get on board like these guys have already done.

1 Like

Hey Man,
Always good to ā€œseeā€ you. The WT Presets come setup with scenes and they also include separate presets that do have a row of the amp at different settings and then you can grab the one you like from that set and copy and paste it where you please. It works.

Amalgam which I recently bought the ToneKing Imperial MKII does not send you presets. They send you in this case 60 Captures at various settings with a well laid out single page PDF file that shows you alll the variants with a tone rating. I really liked it. I just had to go down the list and find under ā€œEdge of Breakupā€ and then under that group the setting ā€œWarmā€. Boom! I have never had a better tone in my QC! Playing it this Sunday. I like the Amalgam approach and will probably be buying more from them.

2 Likes

Likewise, Brian!
I grabbed a few Amalgam bundles during that last sale and was thoroughly impressed. I love these full-rig setups. Heā€™s got some great, rare amps and his technique is yielding awesome results.
I also like LiveReadySound, ToneRanger, and Alter Amps- they all make some really good full-rig captures too. I struggle to focus on fav usable tones rather than just collect virtual gear, but thereā€™s so much cool stuff out there!
I always imagined an explosion of vendors when the marketplace arrived, but itā€™s taking so long I have to wonder.

2 Likes

Someone said one time that Neural never said there would be a Market Placeā€¦ I am not sure if that is true or not. But the fact that the heavy hitters that have all been mentioned are doing it the Inelegant Way reveals that a Market Place may or may not ever come. I am okay without it now that I can see how relatively easy it is.

In fact this kind of transfer can reduce (not at 0, but can help) the piracy.

1 Like

that might have been me- I have not been able to find ANY official mention of a marketplace.
Itā€™s been talked about since the beginning- UNOFFICIALLY, but despite all my searching I can not find one place where NDSP says there will definitely be one.
Maybe Iā€™ve missed it, but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™d be easy to find if official word had ever been given.

1 Like

I have to admit that at this point it may have been wise on their part to NOT have one. It works just fine. They do have so many things that are more pressing. I was feeling kind of left out recently when the guys we are talking about would release something and it was for everything EXCEPT the QC. I think they know there will not be a Market Place, but they are just not saying it out loud.

1 Like

HW said a few months ago in one of videos that he has it on good authority that there will be a marketplace. I hope that he has insider information and that it will be happening sometimeā€¦

3 Likes

Why canā€™t Neural just say one way or the other? I paid money to them. I should get the same info.

2 Likes

I can perfectly understand why they donā€™t announce anything big anymore, even if they are planning for it. Once the announcement is out, people are (especially here in the forum) very eager for it and disappointed, when it takes a while.

Other companies do not tease anything at all. Line6 with the Helix for example. Over the years they have delivered fantastic things for their products (and still do). But there was never an announcement or promise from their side beforehand.

3 Likes

Good point. But it still remains that the influencers have decided to act is if there will be no Market
place. So there it is. For me it is a non issue now. All I wanted was to be able to access some high end Captures and I am happy I have them.

1 Like

This was from a LONG time ago.

3 Likes

Maybe it will be thereā€¦ wait for itā€¦ Soooon.