Is there an inherent problem with the Market Place development?

I have been wondering about why there is no actual Market Place for the QC. I do appreciate the Website for sharing and all that. What I am wondering about is if the real sticky issue is not getting the Market Place itself up and running…

Is it that they are still working on how to protect people that sell the captures and modeled amps and such from having their products copied and shared illegally by other users? I would be interested to hear what people may know about the actual Market Place and what may be the deeper issues. Thanks.

Here is someone on YouTube making a good point for the Market Place. I think his take is pretty reasonable and he is not a hater.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m missing something here–have NDSP confirmed that they are working on a marketplace at all? (If so, please show me.)

2 Likes

I would far rather see software development resources put towards things other than a marketplace. I believe their development team already has a significant amount of deliverables they can focus on instead of that.

5 Likes

there doesn’t seem to be any official announcement but this recent Tone Junkie video apparently lets some info slip: My Predictions for Amp Modeling in 2023...(New Game Changing Product?) - YouTube

There have been references by NDSP staff in the past to a coming marketplace, but danged if I can find any of them

1 Like

Haven’t heard of any Market Place either. Quite the contrary; do I remember correctly there was a lot of dissatisfaction in the beginning from vendors making e.g. Kemper captures, seeing a lot of money going by their noses without.
Think that’s why guys like Rabea, Quale, Plini and other pro’s was hired to “compensate” for that. Seemed like a business strategy.
Have no experience with Kemper or such (QC’s my first “open source” user based music unit) but one of the arguments was that there’s a long way between the good stuff and mostly bad stuff. Seems the opposite with QC, capture creators are good :metal:t6: :metal:t6:.
That’s partly why the same people (the IR creators) inherently still bitch about QC. They have spend a ton of money on amps and cabs through the years, so that’s not too great for them :money_with_wings:. Some are trying to sell their captures independently. The QC is however IMHO, for these ears, world class without.

Bless

1 Like

I really hope there is never a marketplace. There are far too many points where musicians get money taken away from them as it is. We don’t need yet another one.

Foster a culture of sharing tips, tones, captures, settings etc. freely rather than giving some famous youtuber yet more money because they managed to dial in the ten millionth ‘perfect 5150 sound’.

12 Likes

Agree, but maybe these pro’s were just hired to get this thing going with some starter presets? :+1:t3:

Bless

1 Like

Good point. I am not sure where I got the idea from. I think it was from hearing people on the videos talk about it. I used to have a Pod Go and was under the impression that they would have something like Line 6 has up. I am not sure it is necessary like some have mentioned here.

1 Like

In the spirit of community, I have made all of my pedal captures open and available to everyone. (If anyone wants to look them up, I’ve got captures for Moogerfoogers, Nobels OD-1 before they made a dedicated model for it, HM-2W. Got my eye out for an Earthquaker Devices Special Cranker if I can get one cheap.)

Personally I don’t mind if a marketplace exists, BUT I hope that it would never take precedence over people who just want to freely share what they’ve captured.

6 Likes

That’s THE Spirit! Thank you for sharing. I have really enjoyed the community here over the past few months. A lot of help when you need it. Plus the fellowship of loving guitar, music, and the QC.

2 Likes

Maketplace is quite possibly my lowest development priority, much like the porting of plugins. Vastly more interested in squashing bugs, improved workflow, new features, effects, and amps, and sharing presets with competent fellow users than providing income for a few enterprising preset designers or for that matter "add-ons/plugins from Neural. I don’t begrudge them making extra revenue for their expertise as long as it doesn’t come at the expense of a robust and full-featured device without them.

5 Likes

A robust Marketplace will help the unit become more popular. If prospective buyers know that some good presets have been developed by the pros, that may help sway them that this is a serious unit for musicians.

2 Likes

I agree. I also think that a MarketPlace that requires better descriptions would make the presets and captures more usable. It is nice that there is the Neural Web for sharing but I would really like to be able to buy my presets from some of my favorites like Worship Tutorials. I am familiar with how they do things and I like their sounds. It is worth a few dollars to me to have that.

2 Likes

But the market place would create a source of income for neural, and more resources for further development.

Why? Fractal or Kemper don’t take cuts of third party sales. What makes you feel NDSP would?

1 Like

I hope this isn’t a thing.

1 Like

When we talk about “Marketplace”, what do we really mean?
The Cortex Cloud can be (and is) used to share sold captures.
What would we need on top of that?

2 Likes

OP @BrianVallotton clearly asked about knowledge, NOT all kinds of confusing speculation. Can’t personally tell what’s up and down any more because of some wild guesses.
It’s of cause okay to dream and visualize, but please keep it real.
Maybe this in itself shows why it is as it is, people can’t navigate fairly even within strict limiting [edit:] spaces? :thinking:As with so many other, and way less complex, things.

Bless

When I say Market Place I mean a place where specific well detailed high end captures can be bought and sold by professionals with high end gear that have given precise details that are clearly laid out without any ambiguity. I also mean that when I pay say 20.00 it is just paid through the Vendor ( Like Line 6 or Neural) and they are essentially hosting the exchange.

1 Like

Keep it real? Okay, I did not realize that the concept of a Market Place was so far out there. I asked a question about a “Market Place” My question was it being kept from being implemented by some kind of issue with the possibility of people that wanted to sell high end captures possibly having their captures shared without their permission. I was wondering IF that was a hurdle that was keeping Neural from being able to implement it. As I stated I do appreciate the fact that there is the Neural Web, but it is not really what I believe could be called a Market Place. I hope that clears up any confusion.

1 Like