The Ultimate Quad Cortex "Synth Block"

Hi all,

Since I didn’t want to wait for a synth block to be added to the Quad Cortex, I have found a solution that in my opinion beats any synth block that could be incorporated into the Quad Cortex.

All you need is Midi Guitar 2, a tablet and a USB cable!

The setup is stupid easy, and the solution is portable, inexpensive (compared to current market offerings), and, in my opinion, far more powerful than any hardware synth guitar/guitar to MIDI solution currently available on the market for a reasonable price point.

Enjoy!

6 Likes

This is awesome! Thanks so much for doing this.

Thanks, I hadn’t even been considering MIDI / Synth guitar… and I see they’re developing a Bass version too. I’ll be following this.

1 Like

I’d like to try that but I don’t see any path for making it work on an Android Tablet

That’s right, MIDI Guitar 2 will not work on an android tablet. It works on IOS however (and obviously on a Windows machine), and again with prices of decently good Windows tablets being so low…it’s still better than any other option on the market. Even cheaper would be to go with an older IOS Tablet, and then the software is only around 50 bucks. Only problem there is that I do not have any experience with IOS VSTs, so the selection might be limited. But in Windows, you can probably find VSTs that will make fart noises for you, if you wish. The pool is seemingly endless in that world and MIDI Guitar 2 works well in Windows, as well.

Thanks!

Great demonstration!