Any type of synth blocks or synth effect planned?

Hi, I was wondering if any type of synth blocks or synth effects were in the works for Cortex?
Similar to those found in the Fractal Axe Fx.
I really like the ablility to add a synth drone in the background and play over it with a standard guitar tone.
I use a exp pedal to control the mix and volume of each and also have the ability to change the drone notes as well.

Thanks
Jamie

11 Likes

Iā€™m really interested in this also. Using the N-DSP as a high-end Zoia would be awesome especially given it has MIDI. If you look at the promotional images it seems there is a synth block:

4 Likes

@jhmcgyver
I was hoping for the same.

Hereā€™s a sound Iā€™m after -

I guess itā€™s monophonic with Fractal, but the addition of poly would be a blessing.

Looking forward to Neural DSP giving us an indication of this soon.

2 Likes

If you can play synths by MIDI it would be awesome since Iā€™ve been toying with the ideia of also having some keyboards on my live setup and not just bass

Polyphonic pitch to MIDI is asking a lot. 4C might have a potent CPU as modelers go but it still might not be enough for pitch to MIDI along with a typical guitar processing chain.

Not sure if tat is what I was looking for. Please let me explain.
On the Axe fx ultra- 2 and 3. I was able to add a ā€œsynth blockā€ on a separate signal path and create a synth drone with a volume pedal.

Second example : Iwas able to trigger a synth sound playing the guitar. Like a pad type or string sound.

You could do both of these things all the way back to Axe FX ultra.
I can not imagine with the DSP amount of this unit. This is impossible.

I also canā€™t imagine more poeple wanting this. To add like a POG effect to their sound.

For me, a synth block wouldnā€™t be absolutely necessary, but a nice feature. In the AX-FX I use it sometimes as background for a guitar tone.

1 Like

Does the fractal produce these sounds using midi?

If not, how likely do you think it is for the QC team to be able to develop a similar patch?

Not using midi on Fractal, itā€™s a EFX Block using the same guitar tone detection as the Pitch Shifter. The quality of this effects also depends on how accurate and quick the detector is, I hope for a good one in the QC. In the AXE II it is rather mediocre, I would say. Much better in the AXE III.

In my last post I wrote a thing wrong, I have an AXE-FX II. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah ok I get it now. Thanks for clarifying!

Considering the 2 GHz processor on the QC, Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll have sufficient computing power to incorporate such an effect.

1 Like

I would welcome a Synth block tooā€¦ It obviously would be mono and a bit limited, But still nice to have, I use the Fractal Synth block all the tine for the old Violin patch ā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didnā€™t love the mono synths on the AxeFx and Helix (though the Fractal violin preset is pretty cool). Thereā€™s a reason why my Quad Cortex board is gonna have a SY-1 (or maybe even SY-300 if I decide to upsize) on it.

go big or go home SY-1000 or nothing else!

(joking, SY-300 is on my list of potential add-on as well)

I seriously thought about selling the 300 getting the 1000 but Iā€™ve been spending a good bit of money on another hobby and Iā€™m probably not putting a 13-pin setup on any of my Strandbergs.

any?!?!?!?

How many you got?

Three guitars (and a bass). :crazy_face: Pretty much all I play anymore.

3 Likes

I considered going for a Boden Bass but I didnā€™t had the guts to spend that much and went with a Dingwall

1 Like

A synth block would be very useful (polyphonic better).
The little Boss Sy-1 can do the job, why not this mega-powered QC ?
Even if there is only the remaining DSP power for a simple ā€˜classicā€™ chain : dist/amp/delay/verb !

1 Like

Hi, is there some news on synth in the QC ?

1 Like

I up this topic because it still interest me, do someone heard something about it ?