Split amp capture and cab capture at FX loop?

I own a Laney VC30 that I am looking to capture. I currently use my compressor and drives in front of the amp and have my delay and reverb in the FX loop. I was to run with a similar chain when I move my amp and pedals into the QC. Has anyone ever split their capture at the FX loop?

What I mean is going into the front of the amp from the QC and then capturing the output from the FX send, then in a separate capture, go into the FX return and capture the mic’d cabinet.

From what I’ve seen, most people doing a capture without a cabinet are taking the output of the power amp through a reactive load box, but to capture my cab, I imagine I’ll either need to use the power amp from my own amp or sub in a clean solid state amp to try and capture the cabinet as cleanly as possible. It seems like the most logical thing to do is split the 2 captures at the FX loop.

What are people’s thoughts/experiences?

couldn’t hurt to try that and see if you like it! probably will sound best to capture the amp head with a load box and make an impulse response of the cab itself with a solid state power amp though.