Speakers for Quad Cortex

I went through several. EV 15 Cab, Headrush 108s, Studio Monitors, Powerstation and guitar cab, Powercab +.
Ended up scoring a used Mission Gemini II BT from Guitar Center. It’s big and heavy, but man does it bridge the gap between FRFR and sounding like an Amp. Spendy, but by far the best I’ve found.

1 Like

I finally got my second Tech 21 Deuce Deluxe Power Engine and they sound amazing. I had the QC up 1/2 and the speakers up 1/2 and it was a nice big, full volume. Kick in the chorus in stereo and it is Mike Stern sounding gorgeousness. I’ll be excited to really push the volumes and see how they are.

1 Like

Powercab 212 Plus, got to have stereo effects. Also use QSC 10.2’s and CP 8’s. With the Power cab, you can feel the wood vibrating and the cabinet is pretty light for it’s size.

Are you just using it like a frfr with cab sims or did you capture some speaker imprints?

I am using 2 Headrush 108s to give me a stereo output - sounds great and helps with the cut through on stage. Although the 108s are rated at 2000 W because they are class D the are nowhere near as loud as a 75 tube amp for example, so again having 2 really helps

AccuGroove Home – AccuGrooveLLC. I’m using mine for my Basses with a Powered Accugroove El Whappo. It sounds awesome for Bass and I plug my PRS Guitars into it also and it has some great tone.

They make several Guitar FRFR Cabs Passive and Powered. Check them Out. They are a bit costly however.

Just using it as a FRFR. I did download a ton of imprints but they were taken off the cloud…bummer. Didn’t get to try them.

1 Like

I could make some Maybe? I still have my Kimprint Kone Capture on my cortex profile. It’s not an imprint tho, it’s just the kone on with the monitor cab off, off lol. Sweetening I think was at like 0 or 5, don’t remember unfortunately.

1 Like

Looking currently at the Gemini 2. Does the quad cortex require the powered version or can you use the passive one (Gemini 2-P)?

Need the powered one . I use one and it sounds amazing…

Anyone tried a Line 6 Powercab 2x12 or Laney LFR 2x12?

Tried the power cab and was not impressed. Left me uninspired.

Yup! Been using the LFR212 since summer this year for all my live work. It’s a cracking cab to pair with the QC

1 Like

What power supply do you use.

I use the Hi5 mod from Temple Audio/Cioks, it’s mounted within the pedalboard

1 Like

Does the LFR212 sweep between FRFR and Cab in the room sound? Been looking at the Geminis but they’re so crazy expensive.

So, there’s three modes on the back of the cab which you change via a switch. A 1x12, a 4x12 (both IR’s of Laney Cabs) and FRFR which is what I use and have my own cab impulse blocks on the QC

Are you running one cab or dual cabs for stereo? Does it have the low end thump of a cab?

Using my Orange rocker 15, clean channel only has volume and no other controls. Basically an el34 power amp. Probably not full frequency range, but sounds good. Using headphones and recording into Mac as well and both of those sounds great.

Running one cab, and I run this setup for playing bass. So yeah, I’d say it handles the low end very well without being overly boomy.