Shooting IRs of IRs

So I’ve read online (in the Fractal Audio forums) that it’s possible to shoot an IR of an IR, and that it can in fact be much easier than shooting a new IR. I’d love to have some interplay between the IRs on my Fractal and my Neural plugins, but I haven’t been able to find a guide for how to do this. Ideally, I’d like to shoot (or even just find) the Neural IRs for use in the Fractal, and then shoot IRs from the Fractal to try different combinations in my Neural plugins.

Anyone have any idea how to do this or where one could find a resource that talks about it? Thanks!

You can use the Apple Impulse Response Utility (part of MainStage or Logic Pro) to capture an IR. I have used to to capture acoustic body image IRs from my Fishman Aura for use in Helix. This would be creating an IR of an IR. And I’ve used it to create my own speaker IRs although I expect be doing that with captures using Quad Cortex.

Just load up your IR on a cab sim on another device or DAW, and do a capture of just the cab block. I did this from my Fractal AX8 and it works a treat.