Running and acoustic duo with only the QC

Hi there I just used the Quad Cortex to fully run my acoustic duo and I made this video.
Hopefully it’s interesting for somebody.
Let me know

What I can hear through the boisterous croud noise sounds good. :smile: Guess it never hurts to have the audience singing along. What are you using in the chain for your guitar?

1 Like

Yes the audience was loud, the guitar chain is a mono IR loader with a Martin D35 IR that I got from Worship Tutorials, then it’s a Utility Gain block, then I have a chief DC2w and and MX Phase 95, but they are off and just come on for special moments.
Then I have a Legendary 87 compressor and a Tape delay block that I use for my solo sound and are otherwise off.
Then a plate Lush block that is always on.
At 4:08 min in the video I go through all of it.

Thanks for the “rig rundown”. Phase shifter on acoustic…pretty bold! I’m quite happy with the “Tommy Emanuel” IR I’ve been using for years (even in my Fractal) but I’ve noticed more acoustic IRs available now. Perhaps I should check some out. I’m glad to hear that the QC is working as an all-in-one solution for you.

1 Like

There’s a few cool IR’s out there Sigma makes a few and worship tutorials has a few too.
But where did you get the Tommy Emmanuel one?
And phaser always works :wink:

I don’t remember where I found the Tommy IR but I’ve been using it for years, shortly after buying my AX8. It was a freebe 3rd party. Who knows if it was actually of one of Tommy’s guitars. All I recall is I’d tried quite a few with meh results but when I loaded this one, the clouds parted and the angels sang. I’m using it on my two piezo equipped Kiesel electrics and it adds a nice woody resonance that sounds quite convincing in a live mix. Probably would be very different results with an actual acoustic. TMI? :grin:

1 Like

Never too much information :joy:, but I will try and look for the IR

That was very entertaining. Great job.

1 Like